Should Melky get a ring?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: Should Melky get a ring?

Postby soxfan364 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Ha..fake ring. :-D I like that. However I think he will get, and deserves a real one, he was a major contributor to the Giants for 113 games.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:04 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:I think it's been confirmed that Mota was suspended because he took some children's cough medicine with a banned substance in it.

So what you're saying is that Melky is not as good at creating fake websites as Mota is at convincing people he drinks children's cough medicine :-D
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 150)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Skin Blues wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:I think it's been confirmed that Mota was suspended because he took some children's cough medicine with a banned substance in it.

So what you're saying is that Melky is not as good at creating fake websites as Mota is at convincing people he drinks children's cough medicine :-D

I'm saying that from what I've heard the mlb corroborated his story (clenbuterol is what he tested positive for and that is not a steroid) whereas we know melky used a "PED".
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:12 pm

It's not a steroid but it's a banned PED with horrible side effects. So how is it more acceptable than steroids?

"The World Anti-Doping Agency and the International Olympic Committee include clenbuterol on their lists of performance-enhancing drugs, and prohibit athletes from using it. Many athletes continue using clenbuterol to burn fat, build muscle and improve sports performance."

He just really likes the taste of children's cough medicine, I guess. So much that he's willing to get suspended every few seasons. I don't blame him. If I got busted for it I'd make up an excuse too, hoping to get off the hook.

"Oh come on, you didn't find MUCH of it in my system! I just had a big swig of my daughter's cough medicine the day before the piss test. It couldn't possibly be trace amounts left-over from an injection I had last month"
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 150)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:38 am

This was Mota's second time. First time I might buy the argument but after that either watch everything you take or you are probably using. Maybe he is just really unlucky but I don't see it happening. Most of baseball doesn't seems to be having a problem watching what they are ingesting.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers