Kung Fu Panda 2013 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kung Fu Panda 2013

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kung Fu Panda 2013

Postby astav28 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Thoughts on Sandoval for 2013? Anyone being influenced by his playoff stats?

Anyone think he's a top 75 player? 50? 25?

Every season seems to be different from another for him (even setting health issues aside)
astav28
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kung Fu Panda 2013

Postby J35J » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:04 pm

astav28 wrote:Thoughts on Sandoval for 2013? Anyone being influenced by his playoff stats?

Anyone think he's a top 75 player? 50? 25?

Every season seems to be different from another for him (even setting health issues aside)

His 2013 postseason really isn't any different than we've seen before from him when healthy. He's a very good hitter, always has been.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:52 pm

If I recall, the same thing happened last year after his broken hamate bone. It sapped his power for awhile and when he turned it on at the end of the year when he fully recovered. Good thing for next year I'd that he doesn't have any hamate bones left.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 851)

Postby rjforlife » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 am

Great postseason for the Fat Panda, but it changes nothing for 2013 value. His injury questions are what hold him back, his talent isn't really in question. He's easily top 100, further than that is just about how much you feel like trusting him to be healthy.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:35 am

rjforlife wrote:Great postseason for the Fat Panda, but it changes nothing for 2013 value. His injury questions are what hold him back, his talent isn't really in question. He's easily top 100, further than that is just about how much you feel like trusting him to be healthy.

His last three injuries have been broken hamate bones and a hamstring strain. He has no hamate bones left to break and the hamstring strain came making a stretch playing first base where I really doubt he'll see any time next year. I think he could come at a discount next year after the injuries and subsequent power outage next year and I don't think he's all that risky of a pick.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Izenhart » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:39 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
rjforlife wrote:Great postseason for the Fat Panda, but it changes nothing for 2013 value. His injury questions are what hold him back, his talent isn't really in question. He's easily top 100, further than that is just about how much you feel like trusting him to be healthy.

His last three injuries have been broken hamate bones and a hamstring strain. He has no hamate bones left to break and the hamstring strain came making a stretch playing first base where I really doubt he'll see any time next year. I think he could come at a discount next year after the injuries and subsequent power outage next year and I don't think he's all that risky of a pick.

I have him ranked around 75th overall looking ahead. Theres like 7 or 8 3B I would pick before him.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 532)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Izenhart wrote:I have him ranked around 75th overall looking ahead. Theres like 7 or 8 3B I would pick before him.

Haven't done any rankings yet, but just eyeballing it I'd probably go:

MCab
Beltre
Headley
Zimmerman
Wright
Ramirez
Hanley
Pablo

So ya, I'd agree with that. I do think there isn't a huge difference between the group of 3B after Beltre which means I'll probably be aiming for whichever one of those players falls the furthest which I assume will be Pablo. Lawrie will probably end up somewhere in that tier as well.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby J35J » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:10 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Izenhart wrote:I have him ranked around 75th overall looking ahead. Theres like 7 or 8 3B I would pick before him.

MCab
Beltre
Headley
Zimmerman
Wright
Ramirez
Hanley
Pablo

So ya, I'd agree with that. I do think there isn't a huge difference between the group of 3B after Beltre which means I'll probably be aiming for whichever one of those players falls the furthest which I assume will be Pablo. Lawrie will probably end up somewhere in that tier as well.

Headley? Hmmm, I haven't looked into it too much yet but I don't think I'm touching that guy...
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:17 pm

J35J wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

MCab
Beltre
Headley
Zimmerman
Wright
Ramirez
Hanley
Pablo

Headley? Hmmm, I haven't looked into it too much yet but I don't think I'm touching that guy...

I think it's more to do with not really trusting anyone after the top 2 than being super high on headley.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Re: Re: Kung Fu Panda 2013

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:21 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
J35J wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

MCab
Beltre
Headley
Zimmerman
Wright
Ramirez
Hanley
Pablo

I think it's more to do with not really trusting anyone after the top 2 than being super high on headley.

Haven't seen it mentioned around here yet, but they are bringing in the fences about 10 feet at PETCO.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1157)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers