10/28 No Cheering only Venting World Series Game 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

10/28 No Cheering only Venting World Series Game 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Re: 10/28 No Cheering only Venting World Series Game 4

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:34 am

wrveres wrote:
mweir145 wrote:OK, I admit it now...this series sucks. Such bad baseball through the first three games.

What?

I'm sure you're used to it as it's a lot like watching the Padres, but there's only so much hacking, poor plate discipline and mediocre talent I can take. Who the hell is Quintin Berry and why is a guy with a sub. 600 OPS since July batting #2 for a WS team?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Re: Re: 10/28 No Cheering only Venting World Series Game

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:30 am

mweir145 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
mweir145 wrote:OK, I admit it now...this series sucks. Such bad baseball through the first three games.

What?

I'm sure you're used to it as it's a lot like watching the Padres, but there's only so much hacking, poor plate discipline and mediocre talent I can take. Who the hell is Quintin Berry and why is a guy with a sub. 600 OPS since July batting #2 for a WS team?

Wtching Bruce Bochys "team" take apart all of these quote unquote "talented" teams is a thing of beauty. There's only one team hacking, and it has a ton to do with great pitching and great defense. Yes that's NL West baseball and I'm sorry you don't get to watch a bunch of games with football type scores, played by a group of 20 million dollar athletes.

Actually no I'm not.

Go Giants.
Go Fundamentally sound baseball.
Go NL West!!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:17 pm

mweir145 wrote:
wrveres wrote:

What?

Lol. You're not entertained so it's the team's fault. Maybe the problem isn't with the team who beat out all the other teams but with... ? ;-)
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:03 pm

wrveres wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
wrveres wrote: What?

Wtching Bruce Bochys "team" take apart all of these quote unquote "talented" teams is a thing of beauty. There's only one team hacking, and it has a ton to do with great pitching and great defense. Yes that's NL West baseball and I'm sorry you don't get to watch a bunch of games with football type scores, played by a group of 20 million dollar athletes.

Actually no I'm not.

Go Giants.
Go Fundamentally sound baseball.
Go NL West!!

Preach it brother!

LET'S GO GI-ANTS
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:43 pm

wrveres wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Wtching Bruce Bochys "team" take apart all of these quote unquote "talented" teams is a thing of beauty. There's only one team hacking, and it has a ton to do with great pitching and great defense.

But it mostly has to do with the fact that the Tigers are comprised of guys like Delmon Young and Quintin Berry, guys who arguably shouldn't be starting for a MLB team let alone hitting at the top of a team's order. Though I shouldn't pretend the Giants are any better in this regard...their team is also full of hackers. The only difference is that at least some of them actually play defense.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:44 pm

RyeWhiskey wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Lol. You're not entertained so it's the team's fault. Maybe the problem isn't with the team who beat out all the other teams but with... ? ;-)

No, I'm pretty sure it's the problem with the team that has completely laid down to the Giants with pathetic baseball over the first three games resulting in what appears to be the worst WS in recent memory.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby RyeWhiskey » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:28 pm

mweir145 wrote:
RyeWhiskey wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I'm sure you're used to it as it's a lot like watching the Padres, but there's only so much hacking, poor plate discipline and mediocre talent I can take. Who the hell is Quintin Berry and why is a guy with a sub. 600 OPS since July batting #2 for a WS team?

No, I'm pretty sure it's the problem with the team that has completely laid down to the Giants with pathetic baseball over the first three games resulting in what appears to be the worst WS in recent memory.

Ok Joe Buck, whatever you say.

Why is it that whenever the Giants play someone and dominate, it's always the other team that 'messed up' or 'laid down' or 'didn't show up'? It's never that Panda just outright owned the piss out of Verlander, or that starting pitching + good bullpen + good defense = wins. It's always something that the other team didn't do right that made them lose. We never beat them, they always beat themselves. :-t

No matter. Giants still up 3-0 in the series. I'll be real though, I'm hoping they win it at home on Halloween. The bay would be c.r.a.z.y.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: 10/28 No Cheering only Venting World Series Game 4

Postby ayebatter » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Oh my goodness another woe is me fan from norcal.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:49 pm

wrveres wrote:Go Fundamentally sound baseball.

lol. Woooo Fundamentally sound baseball yay!!!

I recognize you. You were the barechested guy with the "M" on his chest in the "Go Fundamentally Sound Baseball" sign at the last game. You guys rocked.

chicks dig the longball. mweir is a chick
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Re: 10/28 No Cheering only Venting World Series Game 4

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Longest anthem ever.

LET'S GO GI-ANTS
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers