20 Team Keeper Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

20 Team Keeper Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

20 Team Keeper Help

Postby TheKid99 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 pm

I made a trade in the league recently and I'm now finding it very difficult to trim my roster down to the 24 that it needs to be. This is a 6x6 h2h league with Holds and OPS being the two extra stats.

Here are the keepers I'm for sure going to keep.
1. Victor Martinez
2. Wellington Castillo
3. Joey Votto
4. Nick Swisher
5. Mike Carp
6. Rickie Weeks
7. Omar Infante
8. Ryan Zimmmerman
9. Carlos Gonzalez
10. Cody Ross
11. Josh Willingham
12. Angel Pagan
13. Gio Gonzalez
14. Jaime Garcia
15. Clay Buchholz
16. Scott Baker
17. John Lackey
18. Drew Storen
19. Grant Balfour
20. Kevin Jepsen

So here are the candidates for the last four spots.
1. Daniel Bard- Picked him up the last day of the year off of waivers. Had a disaster of a season, but only one year removed from being one of the prime middle relievers in the game.

2. Cliff Pennington- As you can see from my list of 20 I have no SS. I would have let him go, but seeing after the recent trade of him going to Arizona I'm intrigued with him being a pretty solid option.

3. Bryan LaHair- Dominate first half for the Cubs then fell off the face of the Earth. Possible trade could net him more playing time.

4. Gaby Sanchez- Awful season for Sanchez, but one year removed from being a pretty good first baseman.

5. Chris Iannetta- Actual had a pretty solid season once he got back from injury. Plus with a 20 team league starting catchers are not always easy to find, this would allow me to have three of them.

6. Anthony Bass- I like Bass as a pitcher, but I'm not sure the Padres are ever going to agree with me. I'm not sure of the chances of him being able to net the 4 or 5th starter.

7. Brad Peacock- A very high prospect at one point, but sure took a step back. But is one bad season worth giving up of the guy? Hate to use a spot on a guy who doesn't make a team tho.

8. Zack Cox- Now with the Marlins and not too much in his way to becoming the third baseman. But does his game translate that well to the majors?

9. Collin McCugh- Not a huge prospect, but could be a solid pitcher. If he can land one of the spots in the rotation he could be a nice steal for me.

So please any suggestions of the four guy that you would pick or if you would change anything with my roster. Also please leave your teams and I'll be happy to help you out as well.
TheKid99
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 20 Team Keeper Help

Postby MaudDib » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 pm

1. Daniel Bard :-t Bad year. Either get him back in the draft or find a reliever elsewhere. I see the upside here but not worth keeping.
2. Cliff Pennington ;-D Nice flexability for such a deep league
3. Bryan LaHair ;-D Too much upside here. I realize that the first couple months are unrepeatable but there is still stuff there
4. Gaby Sanchez ;-D
5. Chris Iannetta ;-D
6. Anthony Bass
7. Brad Peacock
8. Zack Cox
9. Collin McCugh

Bass and Peacock have some nice upside but you can either get them back in the draft or find nice upside SP in other places. I realize this is a deep league but I would rather have guys who have major league jobs then hope that they get the playing time AND give you the numbers. Often both of those things don't actually happen.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Postby Element » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:13 pm

MaudDib wrote:1. Daniel Bard :-t Bad year. Either get him back in the draft or find a reliever elsewhere. I see the upside here but not worth keeping.
2. Cliff Pennington ;-D Nice flexability for such a deep league
3. Bryan LaHair ;-D Too much upside here. I realize that the first couple months are unrepeatable but there is still stuff there
4. Gaby Sanchez ;-D
5. Chris Iannetta ;-D
6. Anthony Bass
7. Brad Peacock
8. Zack Cox
9. Collin McCugh

Bass and Peacock have some nice upside but you can either get them back in the draft or find nice upside SP in other places. I realize this is a deep league but I would rather have guys who have major league jobs then hope that they get the playing time AND give you the numbers. Often both of those things don't actually happen.

Yup!
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 793)

Postby rjforlife » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 am

The only change I might make is taking a flyer on Peacock over Ianneta. Ianneta frankly isn't that good, so why not take a shot with a top flight prospect like Peacock. Oakland has shown with Parker/Norris etc that they aren't afraid to plug in rookies and let them work, and that could pay huge dividends for Peacock.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 771)

Postby TheKid99 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:12 am

I'm with yoy guys on Lahair and Pennington. My issue does come down to Ianetta and Sanchez orgo with Peacock or Bard. As pointed out Ianetta is not anything special but catchers are hard to come by in that league. As for Sanchez if he only platoons he's pretty useless to me. Now I do like the upside of Peacock and for Bard guys with high 90's heat with a wicked slider dont become available. I have huge questions with bard as far as his head goes and if Bosyon ruined him, however does Farrell get him back? This part of the league is always so stressful haha.
TheKid99
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions