10/22 Cheering/Venting Game 7 SF .v STL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

10/22 Cheering/Venting Game 7 SF .v STL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 10/22 Cheering/Venting Game 7 SF .v STL

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:45 am

So GiantsFan is having his third post-coital cigarette by now, and Sluggers has committed seppuku?

At least now there is a somewhat palatable team with a chance O:-)
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 am

Insane Romo Gangnam Style

Thought they were gonna delay it in the 9th, that rain was crazy. Could barely see the ball through all of it. Vogelsong probably deserves as much credit as anyone for the comeback, considering he won two huge games in pretty dominant fashion. Crazy to think that Marco Scutaro and Ryan Vogelsong would lead a team to the World Series.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:50 am

Skin Blues wrote:Crazy to think that Marco Scutaro and Ryan Vogelsong would lead a team to the World Series.

You have to give the Cards some credit here...

"Think about it," Cardinals GM John Mozeliak said. "It really was a microcosm of our entire season. When you think about the times we struggled, we struggled offensively. We didn’t hit. There were times in the regular season where our starting pitching didn’t take us deep, and we were penalized for it. At times we had concerns about our defense, and that hurt us in this series.

Like he said, the NLCS showed everyone exactly why the 2012 Cardinals needed an extra Wild Card just to make it this far.
When they're on, they're one of the best in the league... but man could they fall on their face. Frequently.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby dannahann » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 pm

StlSluggers wrote:On the plus side, I get to tell my kids that I've seen the Cards blow two 3-1, NLCS leads in my lifetime.

How many people can say that? }:-)

If it makes you feel any better I got to see them cough up two 3-1 World series leads too. 85 to KC and 68 to Detroit. Last night's game reminded me more of the game 7 versus KC (11 zip I think?) than it did the blowout v ATL. After the Deckinger call in game 6 they seemed too tight to possibly win that one too.
Last edited by dannahann on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:51 pm

dannahann wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:On the plus side, I get to tell my kids that I've seen the Cards blow two 3-1, NLCS leads in my lifetime.

How many people can say that? }:-)

If it makes you feel any better I got to see them cough up two 3-1 World series leads too. 85 to KC and 68 to Detroit.

So glad I barely remember '85...
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:40 pm

holy wow this is great

@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:39 pm

I was gonna say something about Pete "Brooks Conrad" Kozma. I think he screwed up on 4 different weakly hit grounders in the same inning during game 7. Impressive.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rjforlife » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:07 am

They wouldn't have made it past Washington without him. Hard to blame a guy with 72 career ABs in the majors for getting nervous and making a few bad plays in the field. He's still a hero for Game 5 in Washington.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:55 am

So there's nobody else in the world that could have done what Kozma did? I find that hard to believe... I mean, by definition if Kozma can hit an oppposite field single off of a pitcher in the midst of an epic meltdown, then pretty much anybody in baseball can. Game 7 was most likely his last hurrah in the major leagues. Not because of how bad he screwed up, but because he's not good at either hitting or fielding.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Skin Blues wrote:So there's nobody else in the world that could have done what Kozma did? I find that hard to believe... I mean, by definition if Kozma can hit an oppposite field single off of a pitcher in the midst of an epic meltdown, then pretty much anybody in baseball can. Game 7 was most likely his last hurrah in the major leagues. Not because of how bad he screwed up, but because he's not good at either hitting or fielding.

Where did he say that nobody else in the world could have done it? Of course they could have, but you can't assume that if there's someone else in there, they would have gotten the hit.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers