10/22 Cheering/Venting Game 7 SF .v STL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

10/22 Cheering/Venting Game 7 SF .v STL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10/22 Cheering/Venting Game 7 SF .v STL

Postby ayebatter » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:59 am

Monday, October 22nd

NL

St. Louis Cardinals at San Francisco Giants

(R) Kyle Lohse (2-0) vs. (R) Matt Cain (1-2)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1267)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10/22 Cheering/Venting Game 7 Sf .v STL

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:09 am

2 teams that refuse to go away. Can't wait for tonight.

Giantsfan, any interest in a sig bet on game 7?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:21 am

Rain forecast most of today, tapering down to 30% chance after 5pm Pacific.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:25 am

Skin Blues wrote:There was more excitement in my cheerios this morning than there is in any NFL game. Not everybody has ADHD. Can't wait for game 7 tonight. Whoever goes through will make for a very exciting World Series. Tigers are looking like a powerhouse and the Giants actually seem to be scoring runs somehow. Cardinals have a lot of firepower though.
That's weird, cause almost three times the amount of people tuned into Jets/Texans two weeks ago than to Game 1 of the ALDS, which had the playoffs' biggest draw in the Yankees playing. Nobody outside of St. Louis, San Francisco, and the few die hard baseball fans that exist give a rat's ass about tonight's game. Reality. I'm as big a baseball fan as there is, and there's zero chance I watch an inning of baseball tonight over watching the Lions play the Bears; two teams I couldn't care less about. There's arguments every year that this simply isn't the case, but the reality is that it is. You can call it ADHD or justify it any way you want to in your head, but it's all but a foregone fact that regardless of preference, the 15 cumulative minutes or whatever it is that guys are actually playing football over the course of a game is far more exciting than just about anything baseball has to offer. Baseball can be a much more beautiful and enjoyable game, but let's stop trying to pretend it's anything other than football's little brother. I wonder how it's ratings pale in comparison to the NBA, even. Wouldn't shock me if they were lower. Of course the schedules, etc. are going to play a role in that, but when two or three times as many people tune in to a random MNF game than Game 1 of the ALDS featuring the league's biggest draw and a guy who just won the Triple Crown for the first time in half a century, it's pretty much game, set, and match. I'm sure tonight's game will be great, as will the World Series. There just won't be a ton of people watching, because even the average baseball fan just doesn't care, and as I said in previous posts, I can't really blame them.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 am

More people in your country think that the earth was assembled 8 thousand years ago than watch NFL football. Just to get some context into the minds we're dealing with, here, and to counter the "look how many people are doing it!" argument. I'm not arguing that it's unpopular, I'm arguing that it's unbearably boring to watch a bunch of overgrown amped-up meatheads screaming about moving a ball back and forth down a field and analyzing it as if it's rocket science. I'm also not saying people should be excited about baseball. To each their own, and I understand how boring it is to non-fans and I don't blame them. But I don't see how somebody can claim to be an actual baseball fan and not think that these playoffs are exciting. Certainly it's the case that most people find them boring so I question if those people are actual baseball fans or if they're just interested in rooting for their home team and then the TMZ aspect of the other 29 teams.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:53 am

bigh0rt wrote: I'm as big a baseball fan as there is, and there's zero chance I watch an inning of baseball tonight over watching the Lions play the Bears

This is a contradiction. To each his own but you sound like a casual or local fan to me. You couldn't drag me away from watching a game 7 of baseball.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
bigh0rt wrote: I'm as big a baseball fan as there is, and there's zero chance I watch an inning of baseball tonight over watching the Lions play the Bears

This is a contradiction. To each his own but you sound like a casual or local fan to me. You couldn't drag me away from watching a game 7 of baseball.

I know in previous posts I've said the potential WS matchups are boring, agreeing with bigh0rt that the teams involved lack charisma, I'll definitely be tuning in tonight. Game 7s are inherently awesome, even if I couldn't care less who wins.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Re: 10/22 Cheering/Venting Game 7 SF .v STL

Postby dannahann » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:27 pm

To each his own I guess. I've been a Lions fan forever, griped for decades when they got zero national TV exposure sans Thanksgiving, and I'm watching game 7 tonight. To those who really are as big a baseball fan as anyone, the NFL takes a backseat during the baseball postseason.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 40)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:39 pm

bigh0rt wrote:there's zero chance I watch an inning of baseball tonight over watching the Lions play the Bears; two teams I couldn't care less about.

There's zero chance I watch the Lions play the Bears. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

Postby chargerss24 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:01 pm

ayebatter wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:there's zero chance I watch an inning of baseball tonight over watching the Lions play the Bears; two teams I couldn't care less about.

There's zero chance I watch the Lions play the Bears. ;-D

Same here. The only timeI will watch the Lions play if it's on Thanksgiving Day. And that's only if I'm not in a food-induced coma.

Game 7's...MLB or NBA. Those games trump a regular season football game any day in my books. I'll tune into game 7 during my lunch break at work.
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24