Krispie to the A's.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Krispie to the A's....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Krispie to the A's....

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 am

Jemile Weeks is not even an MLB calIbre 2B, never mind a SS. Mutual option means both sides have to accept (almost never happens) so Drew is gone, but can re-sign as a FA obviously. They'll need to plug that hole somehow. Not a huge deal, they could go out and get Yunel or somebody which would even be an upgrade. With all the young talent they have in the OF it shouldn't be hard to find a trade partner. Could easily see them cashing in on Cook and/or Balfour as well.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 529)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bayside » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:26 am

Pennington is terrible. I dont know why he gets a rep for having a good glove, because in reality hes just average. watching him nearly everyday for the past few years shows hes nothing special in the field, and both UZR and TZ agree. Look it up. Average defender.
I mean Beane went out and got, then played a half cripple Drew at SS over him, so what does that tell you?

And we all know that Pennington is a horrible hitter, so how is he supposed to be a solution of any kind for AZ? No question that the DBacks got worse
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 190)

Krispie to the A's....

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:05 am

Meh. I think pennington's stick will look a lot better in the new park and in a better lineup. His average defense will also be a needed upgrade.

I think I am slowly talking myself into cliff p. as my fantasy SS next year..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 406)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:16 am

lastingsgriller wrote:Meh. I think pennington's stick will look a lot better in the new park and in a better lineup. His average defense will also be a needed upgrade.

I hope it's a deep league. Unless he steals 30 bases, he holds next to no value, IMO.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 837)

Krispie to the A's....

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:25 am

bigh0rt wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:Meh. I think pennington's stick will look a lot better in the new park and in a better lineup. His average defense will also be a needed upgrade.

I hope it's a deep league. Unless he steals 30 bases, he holds next to no value, IMO.

.270/15hr/20sb? Now, I just doubled his career hr high. But, zona is a much different place than o.co.
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:40 am

Career .250 hitter that averages 7 HR per season. Yeah, let's just bump him up 20 BA points and double his career high in HRs. haha. And it's still pretty underwhelming when a guy's pie-in-the-sky upside is Omar Infante. Not to mention he'll struggle to reach 100 R+RBI and will probably be batting 8th with the pitcher behind him, which limits his run scoring chances and prevents him from attempting many stolen bases.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 529)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:42 am

lastingsgriller wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

.270/15hr/20sb? Now, I just doubled his career hr high. But, zona is a much different place than o.co.
You also gave him a 20 point AVG boost. I know Zona's a nice place to hit, but Pennington is a sub-.100 ISO slap hitter. I don't think he gets as big a benefit playing there as some other marginal players do. If everything breaks right, he could potentially approach those numbers, but I'd still be surprised to see double digit HR, or .270. Still, if you're waiting real late and taking 2 SS hoping that one pans out, I suppose you could do worse. Where do we think he slots into their lineup?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 837)

Krispie to the A's....

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:32 pm

He did bat .264 in 515 AB's in 2011. Also, he is a career .260 if you take out last year's .215 outlier. so, I don't really think .270 is totally out of the question.

But, we'll see. His place in the batting order will probably have a decent effect on it all.
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 pm

I think it depends where Pennington bats in the order.
I assume Adam Eaton is the starting CF next season, and leadoff hitter. could Pennington bat 2nd, or do they use Aaron Hill 2nd?
at this point I would assume Pennington would bat 8th. not a boog AVG, and not a good OBP either.
something more like.. Eaton, Hill, Upton, Montero, Goldschmidt, Kubel, Johnson, Pennington, pitcher. (I think those players are all signed for next season)
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 517)

Krispie to the A's....

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:14 pm

What about Gerardo parra?
lastingsgriller
General Manager