10/19 Cheering/Venting & is Zito God ?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

10/19 Cheering/Venting & is Zito God ??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 10/19 Cheering/Venting & is Zito God ??

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:38 am

seriously zito?

Really this is just setting me up for a bigger heartache. I had already written the season off and now Zito gets us back home with vogelsong and cain on the mound. I'm happy and worried at the same time, goddamnit baseball why must you torture me.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 851)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:21 am

AussieDodger wrote:
- There were a bunch of teams (Oakland/Baltimore/Washington) who were upstart-y and haven't been deep into the play-offs for about a million years, all of those three would have been more interesting.

This. It's such a letdown having those teams in the playoffs and getting teams we've seen recently in the World Series.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby jfg » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:23 am

Plus, baseball is getting like hockey where the team that gets hot at the right time wins.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:57 am

Getting like? That's what the MLB playoffs have been since they were created. It's all about playing well over a three week stretch when it comes to October.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:59 am

AussieDodger wrote:The STL/DET sucks because:

- There were a bunch of teams (Oakland/Baltimore/Washington) who were upstart-y and haven't been deep into the play-offs for about a million years, all of those three would have been more interesting.

So if you haven't been to the playoffs for decades, that makes your team more interesting? I guess that makes your ideal World Series matchup the Jays and the Pirates.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Izenhart » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:24 am

mweir145 wrote:

So if you haven't been to the playoffs for decades, that makes your team more interesting? I guess that makes your ideal World Series matchup the Jays and the Pirates.

Since the Jays and the Pirates didn't actually make the playoffs they become less interesting. The most interesting option would have been either OAK or BAL vs WAS or CIN.

Seeing NYY is good for ratings, but that's because they have a large fan base. To the fan of teary-eyed once-in-a-lifetime Cinderella stories, it's always more fun to root for the underdog who comes out of nowhere.

My ideal matchup for 2013 would be OAK vs CHC. I'd like the Cubs to win for obvious reasons, knowing what it was like in Boston when the Sox finally won, and I respect the hell out of Oakland management for putting together a contender with a bunch of $1 scrubs.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 532)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:28 am

mweir145 wrote:

You and I both know that the Blue Jays won't make the play-offs again before being moved to Hawaii O:-)
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:05 pm

ZIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-b
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: Re: 10/19 Cheering/Venting & is Zito God ??

Postby wrveres » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:24 pm

mweir145 wrote:

Anaheim / San Diego.
That way I could go to all 7 games.
I could give an eff about what the "majority" of the whining public wants. They'll never be happy no matter who's in it.
There are of course some teams I'd have a special interest in. I'd like to see Boston never make it again. I'm really happy that the Cubs have a century of futility. I'd really like to see the Mets make the series and get swept, blowout style. The Yankees I've learned to live with. As a fan you have to have respect for any organization that has won 25% of the championships.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1155)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers