Miggy too much ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Miggy too much ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Miggy too much ?

Postby Rally Cat » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:20 pm

I just took over an AL only team. I'm looking over teams . This is an auction league. Many of the prices of players seem high according to a coupld of different sites I've looked at and what people are saying on the Cafe.
Our team budget is 260.00 . We can keep up to 8 players. With each team having 23 players. Miggy is owned for 50.00 . I realize thats about 20% of the total team budget. But should consider trying to trade for him? I have Adam Dunn for 22.00 I was thinking of offering for Cabrera. I could wait to see if I can get him at the draft.
My other keepers right now woul be.

Trout 5.00
Moustakas 5.00
Erick Aybar 15.00
Dunn 22.00
Rodney 1.00
Price 20.00
Casey Jansen 1.00
Esasmo Ramirex 1.00
Thats 60.00 which would leave me 200.00 to get 15 more players. Or if I can get Miggy 172.00

Thoughts and or questions
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Miggy too much ?

Postby fast dogs » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:53 am

what did Pujols and Hamilton go for? How many teams in the league? I never liked paying that much for 1 star unless it is a shallow league
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 319)

Postby rjforlife » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:30 am

Yea it would be good reference to hear a couple other top names, though if Dunn cost $22 despite the terrible '09, I have a feeling Miggy might be worth the $50.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 766)

Postby MaudDib » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 am

Agree with the others, it would be good to know what other stars went for.

The other question is, would the owner even consider Dunn for Cabrera. While Cabrera might be over priced, Dunn is hardly cheap himself and offers a lot less production across the board.

I think in the end I wouldn't even try and do the deal. $50 is a lot and i would rather go into the auction with more cash and if Cabrera is available at auction then you might not have to worry about it.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Postby Rally Cat » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Here is list of several top players and what they went for.
Albert 49.
Beltre 37.
Fielder 51.
Hamilton 35.
Nel.Cruz 41.
Granderson 37.
Felix 35.
Sabathia 36.

Even later guys like Andrus went for 35 and Rios went for 26.
From what I have seen and read this is not your typical AL only
They overpay to get the players they want.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Element » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Cabrera goes for about $50 in my auction leagues ($260 cap; with AL/NL universe). In an AL only league I would think that he should go for more. Your replacement level players are far less valuable. If owners are spending more on the middle tier guys, then I would assume that the upper tier guys would be more costly than they are. I'd move Dunn for him, but if Miggy is someone that you really want you don't want to tip your hat to the other owner. If someone contacts me with a trade offer for one of my guys it's because they want them, right? I would suggest emailing the customer and attempting to dig for information. Tell them that you're existed about joining the league and try to see who they are planning on keeping. If Miggy is not on that list then you can safely assume that he'll be tossed back out to the auction. I'd go up to $60 for him in that format, especially since it looks like you're going in with money. If you could sweet talk him into Dunn for Miggy ... awesome!
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 789)

Postby rjforlife » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:54 am

Element wrote:Cabrera goes for about $50 in my auction leagues ($260 cap; with AL/NL universe). In an AL only league I would think that he should go for more. Your replacement level players are far less valuable. If owners are spending more on the middle tier guys, then I would assume that the upper tier guys would be more costly than they are. I'd move Dunn for him, but if Miggy is someone that you really want you don't want to tip your hat to the other owner. If someone contacts me with a trade offer for one of my guys it's because they want them, right? I would suggest emailing the customer and attempting to dig for information. Tell them that you're existed about joining the league and try to see who they are planning on keeping. If Miggy is not on that list then you can safely assume that he'll be tossed back out to the auction. I'd go up to $60 for him in that format, especially since it looks like you're going in with money. If you could sweet talk him into Dunn for Miggy ... awesome!

Great post Element, spot on points on all fronts. Miggy for $50 is a good enough deal and I would now certainly trade Dunn for him with those costs. Otherwise, get him in the auction, although $60 may be pushing it a bit.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 766)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions