10/17 Cheering/Venting STL 3 - SF 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

10/17 Cheering/Venting STL 3 - SF 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 10/17 Cheering/Venting Playoffs

Postby RyeWhiskey » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:43 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
RyeWhiskey wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:No A-Rod again in tonight's lineup. There is major buzz right now that A-Rod may have played his last game as a Yankee. I have no idea how realistic that is. Rumor is A-Rod to Miami is a possibility, but the Yankees would clearly have to pay a ton of that contract and probably eat a bunch of bad contracts too. Of course it could easily just be dumb speculation that leads to nothing. Kind of stunning what has happened with A-Rod over the last week, though. Not even sure what to think of any of it at this point.

Could be. But I can't imagine that if the Yankees have a chance at winning and staying alive, or even later winning and advancing, that you wouldn't see ARod hitting at some point. The above just sounds like defeatist speculation at the moment.

That's the crazy thing...it almost feels like the Yankees aren't trying to win. Why exactly is A-Rod on the bench still? No he's not performing, but neither is anyone else in the lineup...and his replacement Chavez is 0 for 14. It just doesn't make sense. Wouldn't you put your best guy in the lineup and let him sink or swim?

It almost feels like they are sending a message and almost heaping embarrassment on A-Rod, knowing they will do everything they can to get him out of town this winter. It's just such a bizarre situation and I don't know what to make of it.

I think your analysis is correct. After dropping both at home, losing Jeter, and having to face Verlander in game 3, I think they just gave up. No way you bench ARod, even if he is slumping. The guy has put together one of the best careers in all of baseball history, you have to have him hit in the playoffs unless, of course, he's injured. So if he is injured then that makes sense but otherwise I think they've thrown in the towel.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RyeWhiskey » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:38 pm

No ARod, no Granderson in the Yankee lineup tonight. :-S
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:55 pm

I don't have a clue what Joe Girardi is doing with this NYY roster this postseason. I don't think he does either. But hey, if this is some kind of elaborate ploy to trade one of the greatest players and Yankees in MLB history away this offseason, I'm going to enjoy that drama.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:39 pm

tonight's game was PPD. tomorrow's game looks scheduled for 4.

apparently Alex Rodriguez could end up being traded to the Marlins.
Wallace Matthews and Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com report that the Yankees and Marlins have discussed a possible Alex Rodriguez trade.
It was first reported by Keith Olbermann on his MLB.com "Nerd Blog," and now Matthews and Marchand have confirmed that conversations have indeed taken place between Yankees president Randy Levine and Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria. They describe the initial discussions as "casual," but with the possibility of becoming serious this offseason. The Yankees would obviously have to eat a ton of the $114 million still owed to A-Rod to get a deal done, and Rodriguez has a no-trade clause. But, the third baseman is from Miami and has obviously fallen out of favor in New York. Matthews and Marchand mention the possibility of the Marlins unloading Heath Bell's contract onto the Yanks. Nothing is remotely close to happening anytime soon, but it's something to monitor over the winter.

as someone who does not like the Yankees, I hope they don't trade him. I hope they ahve to hold onto that ridiculous salary and have it not only effect how much money they can spend elsewhere, but that ARod sahows his age and sucks more while sometimes being injured.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 513)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Yankees managed not to lose tonight, yaaaayyyy.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 817)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:15 am

bigh0rt wrote:Yankees managed not to lose tonight, yaaaayyyy.

pfft. Trout would have played.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby kab21 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:as someone who does not like the Yankees, I hope they don't trade him. I hope they ahve to hold onto that ridiculous salary and have it not only effect how much money they can spend elsewhere, but that ARod sahows his age and sucks more while sometimes being injured.

I hope that the Yankees have to eat 20-25M/yr in salary and he gets traded with a few solid bounceback years to really burn the Yankees. that would be awesome imo. I've never had a problem with ARod regardless of his steroid links. Half of the MLB is linked to steroids and I'm still a fan.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 522)

Re: 10/17 Cheering/Venting STL 3 - SF 1

Postby mweir145 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:53 pm

ARod could very well be still dealing with the effects of his broken hand. I wouldn't bet against him having a bounceback year in 2013, whether it's for the NYY or somewhere else.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers