10/17 Cheering/Venting STL 3 - SF 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

10/17 Cheering/Venting STL 3 - SF 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10/17 Cheering/Venting STL 3 - SF 1

Postby ayebatter » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:10 am

Wednesday, October 17th

AL

New York Yankees at Detroit Tigers
(L) CC Sabathia (2-0) vs. (R) Max Scherzer (0-0)

NL

San Francisco Giants at St. Louis Cardinals
(R) Matt Cain (1-1) vs. (R) Kyle Lohse (1-0)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1436)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10/17 Cheering/Venting Playoffs

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 am

Rain forecasted for today in St. Louis. I wouldn't be shocked if this turned out to be a night game.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Rain forecasted for today in St. Louis. I wouldn't be shocked if this turned out to be a night game.

Really? Do you think it'll be delayed before it starts or during? I ask because I have a day to plan around this. ;-D
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:50 pm

RyeWhiskey wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:Rain forecasted for today in St. Louis. I wouldn't be shocked if this turned out to be a night game.

Really? Do you think it'll be delayed before it starts or during? I ask because I have a day to plan around this. ;-D

I read that both managers don't want to start the game if it looks like rain is incoming. Could definitely see it getting postponed until later.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:00 pm

The tarp is off and it looks like they are going to try and start. Wind in going to be blowing in pretty hard.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:The tarp is off and it looks like they are going to try and start. Wind in going to be blowing out pretty hard.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:20 pm

No A-Rod again in tonight's lineup. There is major buzz right now that A-Rod may have played his last game as a Yankee. I have no idea how realistic that is. Rumor is A-Rod to Miami is a possibility, but the Yankees would clearly have to pay a ton of that contract and probably eat a bunch of bad contracts too. Of course it could easily just be dumb speculation that leads to nothing. Kind of stunning what has happened with A-Rod over the last week, though. Not even sure what to think of any of it at this point.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:31 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:No A-Rod again in tonight's lineup. There is major buzz right now that A-Rod may have played his last game as a Yankee. I have no idea how realistic that is. Rumor is A-Rod to Miami is a possibility, but the Yankees would clearly have to pay a ton of that contract and probably eat a bunch of bad contracts too. Of course it could easily just be dumb speculation that leads to nothing. Kind of stunning what has happened with A-Rod over the last week, though. Not even sure what to think of any of it at this point.

Could be. But I can't imagine that if the Yankees have a chance at winning and staying alive, or even later winning and advancing, that you wouldn't see ARod hitting at some point. The above just sounds like defeatist speculation at the moment.
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:38 pm

RyeWhiskey wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:No A-Rod again in tonight's lineup. There is major buzz right now that A-Rod may have played his last game as a Yankee. I have no idea how realistic that is. Rumor is A-Rod to Miami is a possibility, but the Yankees would clearly have to pay a ton of that contract and probably eat a bunch of bad contracts too. Of course it could easily just be dumb speculation that leads to nothing. Kind of stunning what has happened with A-Rod over the last week, though. Not even sure what to think of any of it at this point.

Could be. But I can't imagine that if the Yankees have a chance at winning and staying alive, or even later winning and advancing, that you wouldn't see ARod hitting at some point. The above just sounds like defeatist speculation at the moment.

That's the crazy thing...it almost feels like the Yankees aren't trying to win. Why exactly is A-Rod on the bench still? No he's not performing, but neither is anyone else in the lineup...and his replacement Chavez is 0 for 14. It just doesn't make sense. Wouldn't you put your best guy in the lineup and let him sink or swim?

It almost feels like they are sending a message and almost heaping embarrassment on A-Rod, knowing they will do everything they can to get him out of town this winter. It's just such a bizarre situation and I don't know what to make of it.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers