Which team gets the better deal?
NYMetsGM
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hugh keeper league trade

Postby fast dogs » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:14 pm

yet again, it is hard to give a good answer with so little info. Who does the team getting multiple players drop off their keeper list with so many added players? who does the Trout new owner team now keep in place of the players he let go?
Theres a decent chance both teams make out allright here, but depending on rosters and league rules 1 team might be winning big. We just don't know w/o knowing the roster implications and league set up. Can Cutch be kept as long as Trout?
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 340)

Postby NYMetsGM » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:18 pm

I understand should of just asked if your starting a franchise today which side would you take
NYMetsGM
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby burty1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:32 am

I know Cutch is great, but Trout is at another level. The other guys involved (Moose, Montero, Rubby) are replaceable.

viewtopic.php?t=452403
burty1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 am

Side A. And really I am not sure how close it is. We see this every year after a rookie has a great year (and I know no one has done what Trout just did). Last year it was Hosmer and Lawrie and look what happened to them. Trout has a ton of talent and will should be very good but that trade is a little over blown. McCutchen has multiple seasons of showing what he can do and I could see him and maybe another player for Trout if you truly believe in Trout (though I think a straight up deal is probably about right). But adding in three very good young players is way too much. Give me the proven veteran who is still very young and three past top prospects with still major upside over one guy who had a couple unbelievable and very likely unrepeatable months.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Postby Element » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:36 pm

I'd do McCutchen & Moose. Otherwise I think that you're giving up too much. I am real high on Montero & Rubby.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 968)

Postby rjforlife » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:17 am

Element wrote:I'd do McCutchen & Moose. Otherwise I think that you're giving up too much. I am real high on Montero & Rubby.

Could you give Cutch/Montero/Rubby? I'd rather have Moose/Trout than those 3, but it's tough to say another combo he would take.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:20 am

rjforlife wrote:
Element wrote:I'd do McCutchen & Moose. Otherwise I think that you're giving up too much. I am real high on Montero & Rubby.

Could you give Cutch/Montero/Rubby? I'd rather have Moose/Trout than those 3, but it's tough to say another combo he would take.

I would be fine with this. Still a little more than I would like with the history of rookies and their second year but Trout is pretty special so it could be worth the gamble.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Element » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:42 pm

rjforlife wrote:

I'd probably be ok with it, but I would try my best to keep Rubby. I think that it would be a mistake to give up on him now. If I were in the Dodger front office I would have preferred to give up both Webster & Zach Lee before parting ways with Rubby. Truly special stuff.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 968)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Element wrote:
rjforlife wrote:

I'd probably be ok with it, but I would try my best to keep Rubby. I think that it would be a mistake to give up on him now. If I were in the Dodger front office I would have preferred to give up both Webster & Zach Lee before parting ways with Rubby. Truly special stuff.

Agreed as well. I was surprised that he was the arm they would deal. I grabbed him in all my dynasty or large keeper leagues. He might not be great next year but I think he should be a very solid SP.

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions