CBS Fantasy Baseball stats foul up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

CBS Fantasy Baseball stats foul up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS Fantasy Baseball stats foul up

Postby ProfPlum » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:51 am

Been lurking here for a couple of years and decided to join to see if anybody else is (or was) having this problem at CBS. Simply put, CBS screwed up at least 6 players in our league during the last week of the season. For some unknown reason they moved players to teams they shouldn't have been on. In one case, an owner traded Chapman from Team A to Team B on 8/20. Yet during the last week, Chapman suddenly shows up on Team C's roster active 8/21. Another, Kyle Kendrick mysteriously shows up as a Catcher on a team he has no business being on. Our league went from all rosters legal in week 27 to having 15 illegal rosters in week 28. As Commissioner, I'm not happy and neither are any of the owners where, in a very tight race, only 1 or 2 HR/SBs separate 2nd place and 5th place. Oh, CBS's response, I need to go in and fix all the player's service time to be correct. I apologize if this subject is a re-hash of old news. The 'search' turned up nothing for "CBS".

f.w.i.w. I tried posting a screen shot of one player (Papelbon) that skipped between ~6 of our league's teams the last week, but can't post an image.
ProfPlum
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Fantasy Baseball stats foul up

Postby bigmck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I am the Commish of our league on CBS. I did not notice anything like you say. You refer to week 27 and 28. The baseball season only has 26 weeks, so you lost me there.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby fast dogs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 pm

All of our leagues used 28 periods(28 was Mon-Wed) but I've never heard of any other league having a problem where players get randomly moved from 1 team to another
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 317)

Postby ProfPlum » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:45 pm

I appreciate the responses. Unless you watched the stats closely or were a Commissioner, you might not have noticed the errors.

Below is what happened with Papelbon, jumping from team to team during the CBS week 27.
ProfPlum
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby fast dogs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Funny that no other leagues reported a problem that week; hard to imagine what happened there. I do commish 3 leagues and check for illegal rosters once each period begins. I own Papp in 1 and would have noticed if changed to illegal during the week. You'd think the CBS message board would have had other owners posting, seems like you got the unlucky fluke problem in that 1 league. I'd have been livid
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 317)

Postby scottyw5150 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm late to this party, but for the record, my commissioner league also experienced similar problems during that period. It nearly wrecked our playoffs, but a couple astute GMs of ours were able to manually track the stats that CBS arbitrarily changed or omitted altogether. What's worse, the communication I had with the CBS staff during and after the fiasco left a really bad taste in my mouth. Pathetic customer service. I had expected better help for a seven-year paying customer.

Anyway, I'd love to explore alternatives to CBS (16-team dynasty; 28-man MLB; 20-man MiLB), but quality services are few and far between. Any good suggestions from the peanut gallery?
scottyw5150
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ProfPlum » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:47 pm

scottyw5150 wrote:I'm late to this party, but for the record, my commissioner league also experienced similar problems during that period. It nearly wrecked our playoffs, but a couple astute GMs of ours were able to manually track the stats that CBS arbitrarily changed or omitted altogether. What's worse, the communication I had with the CBS staff during and after the fiasco left a really bad taste in my mouth. Pathetic customer service. I had expected better help for a seven-year paying customer.

Anyway, I'd love to explore alternatives to CBS (16-team dynasty; 28-man MLB; 20-man MiLB), but quality services are few and far between. Any good suggestions from the peanut gallery?

In 100% agreement with you about the Customer service, or lack of. Last fall/winter when I raised a stink about this foul up, CBS Support said they'd deduct $20 on next years (i.e. 2013) full price fee. I thought that was a slap in the face at the time and especially now since you can sign up for nearly %50 off or $30 off.
ProfPlum
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Commissioner's Corner