There Used to be a Thing... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

There Used to be a Thing...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

There Used to be a Thing...

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:52 am

...called Ballnotes, I think? It was a website where you could look up a player, not just baseball, and it pulled up blurbs both positive and negative from a bunch of sites, rotowire, fangraphs, hardball times, yahoo, whatever. It's gone now.

Does anyone know a resource like that? I want not rankings, but to be able to look up a player and get a range of opinions. Thoughts, projections, analysis, injury reports, possibilities of playing time for younger players, all that stuff. Basically, I want to say, "OK, what is the snapshot of Alejandro De Aza right now? Is he going to keep his starting job next year? Can he be better? Why or why not? What do people think about him at this particular moment?"

Aside from pouring over like 15 different sites and finding bits and pieces, how does everyone else go about this task?

Or, alternatively, if someone knows what I'm talking about with ballnotes.com or whatever it was, and it moved, please tell me.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: There Used to be a Thing...

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 pm

OK, frame it a different way: you want to know about, say, Shelby Miller. Where do you go? Glance at his minor league stats? Read prospect lists? Where? Which sites? How do you form your impressions of specific players?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 66)

Re: There Used to be a Thing...

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:21 pm

lane_anasazi2 wrote:OK, frame it a different way: you want to know about, say, Shelby Miller. Where do you go? Glance at his minor league stats? Read prospect lists? Where? Which sites? How do you form your impressions of specific players?
Generall, I'll read the articles you posted that were compiled at the Ballnotes thing you referenced in your original post. Check all the projections, articles, etc. Another site I used to frequent was www.baseballthinkfactory.com
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Return to Baseball Leftovers