10/13 Cheering/Venting Det 6 - NYY 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

10/13 Cheering/Venting Det 6 - NYY 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Re: 10/13 Cheering/Venting NYY v. Det

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:48 pm

wrveres wrote:
Izenhart wrote:The Nats were the team I was rooting for and since they are out at least I still have the Yankees to root against. And honestly, F the Nats GM for shutting down Strasburg, I'm confidant they would have won the series if they hadn't done that. It ruined a great year for 25 other guys. There's no guarantee next year they make it again either.
that's crazy talk. The Nat's were up by two, with two outs and two strikes in the 9th. They blew it. The other 24 guys. Not The GM, not Straus … they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Agree with wrverest. Plus if Strausburg pitches Detwiler doesn't and he looks pretty good in his start.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Izenhart wrote:The Nats were the team I was rooting for and since they are out at least I still have the Yankees to root against. And honestly, F the Nats GM for shutting down Strasburg, I'm confidant they would have won the series if they hadn't done that. It ruined a great year for 25 other guys. There's no guarantee next year they make it again either.
that's crazy talk. The Nat's were up by two, with two outs and two strikes in the 9th. They blew it. The other 24 guys. Not The GM, not Straus … they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Agree with wrverest. Plus if Strausburg pitches Detwiler doesn't and he looks pretty good in his start.

And if Detwiler doesn't start they can use him in the bullpen in game 5 instead of Edwin/Clippard, and/or in game 2 when Zimm was getting shelled and the bullpen only made things worse, and/or in game 3 when Edwin and the bullpen both got rocked. It's hard to make an argument that adding the best pitcher in baseball to your roster wouldn't have made a difference when it came down to the wire in the 9th inning of game 5...
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Re: 10/13 Cheering/Venting NYY v. Det

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Oh come on guys. The team was up 6-0 and then 6-4 in the 9th. Stop with all the crap about Strasburg, there's no way they should have lost that game. These excuses about Stras are ridiculous.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Skin Blues » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Game 5 doesn't matter if they win either of games 2 or 3. There's a certain satisfaction seeing bad decisions punished with appropriate outcomes.

Anyway, the Nats are gone now, better luck next time. I'm thinking the Cards will take the NL and take on the Tigers in the World Series. Both LCS are going to be great though, very evenly matched teams.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby Element » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:45 pm

I refuse to watch Yankees/Giants. I guess that I would want the Tigers the rest of the way, but it's hard to really get behind any of these teams unless you're a fan of them.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)

Postby wrveres » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:25 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:This schedule is so dumb. So the Yankees finish with the best record in the AL and yet they are the ones that get no day off between series and now have to decide whether to use Kuroda on short rest in game 2 and Sabathia on short rest in game 3, just to keep their rotation in order...or else throw a guy like Phelps into the fire in game 2 and not have Sabathia until game 4? So dumb.
waaaaaa, waaaaah, waaaaa.... my team buys all the best players, and is in the playoffs every year, and I'm pissed I can't have an effing pony.
I love watching spoiled children cry. It makes their defeat sooo much sweeter...
What would it have hurt to make today an off-day and start both series tomorrow?
And compete against football? Please.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby wrveres » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Game 5 doesn't matter if they win either of games 2 or 3. There's a certain satisfaction seeing bad decisions punished with appropriate outcomes
the sky is blue.
It's a no win situation with people like you. If they did pitch Straus and he got rocked or his arm fell off ala Prior. You'd be screaming for the GMs head for overuse.

Storen did his job. He got a groundball to the shortstop, and the shortstop booted it. You can argue woulda, coulda, shoulda all you want, but it doesn't make you right.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Re: Re: 10/13 Cheering/Venting NYY v. Det

Postby wrveres » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Skin Blues wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
wrveres wrote:that's crazy talk. The Nat's were up by two, with two outs and two strikes in the 9th. They blew it. The other 24 guys. Not The GM, not Straus … they have nobody to blame but themselves.

And if Detwiler doesn't start they can use him in the bullpen in game 5 instead of Edwin/Clippard, and/or in game 2 when Zimm was getting shelled and the bullpen only made things worse, and/or in game 3 when Edwin and the bullpen both got rocked. It's hard to make an argument that adding the best pitcher in baseball to your roster wouldn't have made a difference when it came down to the wire in the 9th inning of game 5...

I love how Detwiler is now the bullpen Savior …over Clippard no less.
What a crock.
Get over it. The Nat's didn't lose this series because they didn't have Stras. They lost it cus they choked.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:07 pm

wrveres wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:This schedule is so dumb. So the Yankees finish with the best record in the AL and yet they are the ones that get no day off between series and now have to decide whether to use Kuroda on short rest in game 2 and Sabathia on short rest in game 3, just to keep their rotation in order...or else throw a guy like Phelps into the fire in game 2 and not have Sabathia until game 4? So dumb.
waaaaaa, waaaaah, waaaaa.... my team buys all the best players, and is in the playoffs every year, and I'm pissed I can't have an effing pony.
I love watching spoiled children cry. It makes their defeat sooo much sweeter...

It has nothing to do with being a Yankee fan. It would be just as dumb if Detroit got screwed or if it happened in the NL. Explain why the NL has an off-day and starts tomorrow but the ALCS must start tonight? It makes no sense.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby wrveres » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey they've got A Rod playing tonight. What are they thinking?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers