Longoria Dynasty league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Longoria Dynasty league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Longoria Dynasty league

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:54 pm

16 team H2H dynasty league, 6x6 with OPS and Holds. My 3B options for next year at the moment are Mark Reynolds, Juan Francisco and Alex Liddi. (It's an extremely deep league, 30 man rosters and 30 man minors rosters). I can probably swing a trade for Evan Longoria but the main part of the package would have to be Cole Hamels or David Price.

Would you give up Hamels or Price plus a couple good minor league pitchers for Longoria? If so, would you want to send Hamels or Price? Why?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Longoria Dynasty league

Postby Element » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 pm

I wouldn't give up much more than 1 of those starters for Longo. His star is fading a bit for me. He just cannot stay on the field. I guess if I had to choose it would be Hamels & I would keep Price. They are both pretty even. I like Price's upside more and think that since Hamels just got paid he could mail it in (not that he would, but you know).
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby kaiser » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:44 am

I absolutely would give one of those two for Longoria. I always will favor the bat over the arm in a trade, since pitching is easier to find in fantasy baseball. Offer Hamels first, and then try Price if he won't do Hamels.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 308)

Postby MaudDib » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:01 pm

kaiser wrote:I absolutely would give one of those two for Longoria. I always will favor the bat over the arm in a trade, since pitching is easier to find in fantasy baseball. Offer Hamels first, and then try Price if he won't do Hamels.

This is where I am as well. Hamels is the easy choice between the two as Price has been getting better and better each year. I guess it also depends on what minor league players you are talking about. Hopefully not a guy in the top 20.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Element » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:00 pm

MaudDib wrote:
kaiser wrote:I absolutely would give one of those two for Longoria. I always will favor the bat over the arm in a trade, since pitching is easier to find in fantasy baseball. Offer Hamels first, and then try Price if he won't do Hamels.

This is where I am as well. Hamels is the easy choice between the two as Price has been getting better and better each year. I guess it also depends on what minor league players you are talking about. Hopefully not a guy in the top 20.

This is what I was getting at. 1 of either of the pitchers is a no doubter (prefer to give up Hamels). I wouldn't add much more prospect-wise though. It would probably be someone outside of or right around the top 50 mark.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby MaudDib » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Element wrote:
MaudDib wrote:

This is what I was getting at. 1 of either of the pitchers is a no doubter (prefer to give up Hamels). I wouldn't add much more prospect-wise though. It would probably be someone outside of or right around the top 50 mark.

That seems about right.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chargerss24 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:59 pm

MaudDib wrote:

I'm on board with these guys. Offer Hamels first, then Price.
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Quick update: we've gone back and forth, and right now we're at Hamels + Nick Castellanos for Longoria.

Too much, or go for it?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 34)

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:31 am

lane_anasazi2 wrote:Quick update: we've gone back and forth, and right now we're at Hamels + Nick Castellanos for Longoria.

Too much, or go for it?

Sometimes you have to over pay a bit.
But i prefer Longo long term over Hamels, so yes.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby MaudDib » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:56 am

HOOTIE wrote:
lane_anasazi2 wrote:Quick update: we've gone back and forth, and right now we're at Hamels + Nick Castellanos for Longoria.

Too much, or go for it?

Sometimes you have to over pay a bit.
But i prefer Longo long term over Hamels, so yes.

I am fine with that deal.

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions