Prep for 2013, need keeper help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Prep for 2013, need keeper help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prep for 2013, need keeper help

Postby BraunsStash » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Actually did alright in my 4th year in my friend's keeper league. Went from cellar dwellar to 3rd place overall, so that gives me more excitement than normal heading into next year. Would have won the title but Chapman got hurt, or fatigued and Kershaw lost a start due to a hip injury, I ended up losing the game by 6 points overall. Oh well, destroyed the team I faced next for 3rd place. I'll take it! Anyway, we can keep 4. It is a 10 man standard head to head league. Here is my lineup;

C - Yadier Molina
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Robinson Cano
3B - Adrian Beltre
SS - Ian Desmond
OF - Hunter Pence
OF - Austin Jackson
OF - Jason Kubel
DH - Prince Fielder
SP - Clayton Kershaw
SP - Matt Cain
SP - Brandon Morrow
SP - Kyle Lohse
SP - Clay Bucholtz
SP - Matt Moore
RP - Jim Johnson
RP - Jose Valverde
RP - Aroldis Chapman
RP - Rafeal Soriano
RP - Casey Jannsen

any input would be appreciated. I am leaning towards Clayton Kershaw, Joey Votto, Robinson Cano, and Prince Fielder. I'm a huge Kershaw fan so I'd like to keep him no matter what. The only concern I have is Fielder and Votto. They both play 1B obviously, but it is nice having 2 top 10 scoring players overall in my lineup. What do you guys think?
BraunsStash
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Prep for 2013, need keeper help

Postby Element » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Those would be the four that I would keep as well. You could make an argument to hold Beltre over Prince ... especially since you already have Votto at 1B. Find a team with some weak keeper depth and try to do a 2 for 1. Prince/Beltre for Braun or someone like that. I'd basically do Beltre + any one of your guys not named Votto for Braun.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 762)

Postby MaudDib » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:57 am

Element wrote:Those would be the four that I would keep as well. You could make an argument to hold Beltre over Prince ... especially since you already have Votto at 1B. Find a team with some weak keeper depth and try to do a 2 for 1. Prince/Beltre for Braun or someone like that. I'd basically do Beltre + any one of your guys not named Votto for Braun.

Agree with this as well. The four you have are fine. Beltre is a close 5th and would really look to make some sort of trade to improve your keepers rather than just let them go. Always hard to get something like this done but I would take a shot at Cabrera, Braun or Trout and see what if you get any replies.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby rjforlife » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:50 am

Like Maud, I'm always looking for deals in a keeper, but I don't think you'll have much luck with that package. I'd hold the 4 you've got and be happy with it. Take a shot at a trade, but don't strain yourself, you have 4 good ones there.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions