12 Team Keeper H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

12 Team Keeper H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 Team Keeper H2H

Postby MaudDib » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:16 am

Need to 10 guys for next year. Points H2H league.

Locks are: Miguel Cabrera, McCutchen, Andrus, Lawrie, Aaron Hill, Kershaw, Wainwright, Zimmermann.

Need to decide between these for the last two spots:

Beachy
Brett Anderson
Fernando Rodney
Garza

No good hitters to keep and maybe I will look to trade but no guarantees that will actually happen. Hitters and Pitchers score very similar in points but closers are a little less valued

Cabrera 691 points
Kershaw 617
Rodney 528

I was thinking about Anderson and Beachy even though I will not see Beachy for maybe half the season.

Thoughts?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team Keeper H2H

Postby ensanimal » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:44 am

I'd go Beachy and Anderson as well. Closers don't seem to fare well and I don't see Rodney repeating that ridiculous season.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby MrAccoe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Beachy and Anderson as well. Beachy will be good when he comes back. Don't trust Rodney for next season.
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby rjforlife » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:26 am

Anderson has made only 38 starts in 3 seasons. He has been damned good when he pitches, but he is hardly reliable. I guess I would give him the nod on the upside, but Rodney is tempting. Go with Anderson, and don't follow Rodney next year !+)
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 765)

Postby MrAccoe » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:20 pm

rjforlife wrote:Anderson has made only 38 starts in 3 seasons. He has been damned good when he pitches, but he is hardly reliable. I guess I would give him the nod on the upside, but Rodney is tempting. Go with Anderson, and don't follow Rodney next year !+)

Brett Anderson was solid as a rookie in 2009 making 30 stars. In 2010, his elbow started giving him problems and all of us A's fans were fearing the dreaded Tommy John surgery. Wish he would have done it in 2010, because he decided to rest it and rehab it in the off-season. Fast forward to 2011, he ends up getting TJ surgery.

Point is, 2010, 2011, 2012 all affected by the same injury, which could have mitigated had he just gotten the TJ surgery in 2010, instead of waiting until July of 2011. He'll be solid moving forward.
MrAccoe
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Element » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:30 pm

MrAccoe wrote:
rjforlife wrote:Anderson has made only 38 starts in 3 seasons. He has been damned good when he pitches, but he is hardly reliable. I guess I would give him the nod on the upside, but Rodney is tempting. Go with Anderson, and don't follow Rodney next year !+)

Brett Anderson was solid as a rookie in 2009 making 30 stars. In 2010, his elbow started giving him problems and all of us A's fans were fearing the dreaded Tommy John surgery. Wish he would have done it in 2010, because he decided to rest it and rehab it in the off-season. Fast forward to 2011, he ends up getting TJ surgery.

Point is, 2010, 2011, 2012 all affected by the same injury, which could have mitigated had he just gotten the TJ surgery in 2010, instead of waiting until July of 2011. He'll be solid moving forward.

Anderson falls in love with his breaking stuff. There is no promise that he won't quickly re-injure his elbow. He has a good enough fastball. I wish that he would use it more.

That said ... I would keep Anderson. I would probably stay with Rodney over Beachy because you know you're going to get some production. I would target Beachy in the draft though.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 791)

Postby BoBtheMule » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:09 pm

I go Anderson and Rodney... I just don't see the value in keeping Beachy and then have him rostered half a season before you get anything out of him.

yeah, it kinda sucks keeping a closer in this situation but with your keepers you don't have to hit a homerun.

Help w/ mine?

BoB
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions