10/12 Weekday Cheering/Venting Playoffs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

10/12 Weekday Cheering/Venting Playoffs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 10/12 Weekday Cheering/Venting Playoffs

Postby rjforlife » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:38 am

It was hard enough watching game 4 here in St. Louis even though we couldn't get knocked out. Needless to say, I am going to drink heavily before the 7:37 start tonight. BIRDS!!!!
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:10 am

Would be so much more fun if Straasburg was pitching, despite how good GIo has been. Just much sexier with the beast on the mound. Unrelated somewhat, is it true that Carlos Beltran signed with St. Louis so he wouldn't have to face Adam Wainwright's curveball? That's the story I'm sticking with...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:33 am

This series represents the Cardinals season pretty well. They won 2 blowouts and lost two close ones. The Cards have outscored the Nats 23-9 so far. I hope the bats are awake tonight. :-*
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 pm

A-Rod not in the lineup today. How the mighty have fallen...and in a span of just 3 days. I've been a staunch defender of A-Rod for years but he looks absolutely lost out there, getting beat by 85 mph fastballs. Find it difficult to argue with Girardi here.

For the record, most of the other players in the lineup deserve to be benched as well.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:01 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:A-Rod not in the lineup today. How the mighty have fallen...and in a span of just 3 days. I've been a staunch defender of A-Rod for years but he looks absolutely lost out there, getting beat by 85 mph fastballs. Find it difficult to argue with Girardi here.

For the record, most of the other players in the lineup deserve to be benched as well.

I just think the Arod anti-clutch narrative is hilarious. Like he's 37 years old and has dealt with a ton of injuries, he's not the same player he used to be. Then you see reporters saying things like "If you remove Arod's stats from the 2009 postseason look how bad he's been". Like seriously? I could probably find quite a few players who look pretty bad in the postseason if you cherry-pick out their best year.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm in a 12 team roto league with 14 keepers and I'm not sure A-Rod is a keeper.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:39 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:A-Rod not in the lineup today. How the mighty have fallen...and in a span of just 3 days. I've been a staunch defender of A-Rod for years but he looks absolutely lost out there, getting beat by 85 mph fastballs. Find it difficult to argue with Girardi here.

I just think the Arod anti-clutch narrative is hilarious. Like he's 37 years old and has dealt with a ton of injuries, he's not the same player he used to be. Then you see reporters saying things like "If you remove Arod's stats from the 2009 postseason look how bad he's been". Like seriously? I could probably find quite a few players who look pretty bad in the postseason if you cherry-pick out their best year.

I completely agree with you. This whole clutch/choker stuff is ridiculous but the fact is, he looks completely lost right now and has for awhile, especially against righties. I don't think it's fair that he gets almost all the blame when Cano, Granderson and Swisher have looked equally as bad or worse...but to bench Grandy or Swish you change the entire outfield and unless you're putting Gardner in, the defense really suffers a lot.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:40 pm

For the record I think Baltimore wins tonight. I think CC makes a few mistakes early but bounces back ans has a gutty performance...I'll say 7 IP 3 ER. Yanks lose 4-1.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:16 pm

I heard that Jeter is back in the field at SS. In that case, who DH's? Is it Ibanez? Because that dude terrifies me. I think it's going to be a close one, but I'll say 3-2 O's.

Also, people keep talking about how bad the Yanks' big hitters have been, but it's the same with the Orioles. Jones and Wieters really need to step up.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:17 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I heard that Jeter is back in the field at SS. In that case, who DH's? Is it Ibanez? Because that dude terrifies me. I think it's going to be a close one, but I'll say 3-2 O's.

Also, people keep talking about how bad the Yanks' big hitters have been, but it's the same with the Orioles. Jones and Wieters really need to step up.

ya it's ibanez at DH and chavez at 3rd
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers