That Time of Year Again(Keepers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

That Time of Year Again(Keepers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

That Time of Year Again(Keepers)

Postby stlcards02 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:04 pm

So, I'm in a 20-team ESPN points league where we keep 8. I have it nailed down pretty good, but would like some input and some possible trade scenarios. Here's the guys vying for the spots:

Kershaw(24.8), Longoria(4.6), Andrus(3.8), Darvish(20.7), Encarnacion(5.2), Bruce(4.4), Ellsbury(3.9), Holliday(4.5), Adam Jones(4.4)

A little background about our scoring. Generally strategy amongst teams is to horde pitching as there's no inning or starts limit, so there's very rarely guys to stream. We count QS over wins, so team has little bearing. Total bases are 1,2,3,4 pts respectively, 3 pts for a steal, 2 for RBI, 1 for a run, and -0.5 for a K. Pitching is 3 for an inning and 1.2 per K, and pts for CG and SHO. In parenthesis are each player's scoring average per game/appearance.

Like I said, I've got it narrowed down pretty well, but a few things to consider when trying to make a deal. Is Encarnacion for real? Will Ells stay healthy?(scored 900+ last year) Andrus at a normally scarce position?

The big deal I have brewing would net me Mike Trout. He essentially offered him to me for Kershaw earlier in the year, obviously things have changed since then as Trout was just sick. I just hesitate since pitching is at a premium in our league and it's hard to get much better than Kershaw, at a young age no less. Trout averaged 6.4, total pts was 883.5 compared to Kershaw's 819.8.

I apologize for the novel, but any input is appreciated!
Last edited by stlcards02 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: That Time of Year Again(Keepers)

Postby ensanimal » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 am

I think you need to try and get Trout. Sounds like the type of league he would dominate. Who would you have to add?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 120)

Postby stlcards02 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:31 pm

ensanimal wrote:I think you need to try and get Trout. Sounds like the type of league he would dominate. Who would you have to add?

Not sure this is a formal offer, but he threw out Kershaw and Longoria for Trout and Greinke. I'm so attached to my two it's hard. And getting upper tier pitching is hard to come by.
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dominodoug » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm

stlcards02 wrote:
Not sure this is a formal offer, but he threw out Kershaw and Longoria for Trout and Greinke. I'm so attached to my two it's hard. And getting upper tier pitching is hard to come by.

I would take this trade and here's why. Longoria has been injured on and off the past 3(?) years or so. I would want to move him while I still can before his decline. As for Kershaw and Greinke, I would obviously take Kershaw but I think with what you're getting in Trout offsets any negatives on that side.

Help if you like - viewtopic.php?t=452361
dominodoug
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby MaudDib » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:54 pm

I am probably going to be one of the few who says no to this deal. You already said pitching dominates and I have way too many worries that Trout can be this good again. He was very good but I see too many guys take a step back their second season. Just no way I pay full price for one amazing season. I would rather have Kershaw who has shown years of success.

As for who to keep, I think Jones or Bruce is the odd man out. Probably depends on scoring with these guys.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Postby stlcards02 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Bumping this again, saw I had Andrus pts average wrong, of the 9 I listed he has the lowest, seeing if that changes anyone's mind. A lot of my guys have questions about them so it's tough deciding who to try and trade. The Hosmer owner has soured on him, could probably pull one there, or Posey even though he's a catcher and I don't normally keep one.
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rjforlife » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:58 am

With Andrus at 3.8, he's the one I would cut loose. Bruce would be the 2nd to last guy out, a step behind Jones at this stage.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions