jfg wrote:What a season, huh?
1. The Orioles and A's are going to be playoff bound, two teams that people in the prediction thread were picking to lose 100 games.
2. Washington and Cincy have the best records in baseball.
3. The Red Sox are arguably the worst team in the AL.
4. Dickey has the best shot to win NL Cy Young, I don't think you could find anybody including Dickey himself who could have predicted he'd even be in the conversation.
5. We might see the 1st Triple Crown winner in almost 50 years
6. A rookie (that nobody picked to win even ROY in the predictions thread) should win MVP.
Last season had a wild finish, but it's going to be hard to ever top how wild this entire season has been.
Yes, crazy. But at least closers were as crazy as we expected. Jim Johnson and Fernando Rodney... what?!
*edit - and don't forget Chris Perez! The guy I thought might be first to lose his job!
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau