Bold Predictions for 2013 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bold Predictions for 2013

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bold Predictions for 2013

Postby thatguy27 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:19 pm

List any bold predictions you have for the 2013 season.

Mine is this: if he plays at least 150 games, Giancarlo Stanton will hit 50+ HR's. To me, this doesn't even seem that bold given how much power this kid has already shown at such a young age and knowing that he's only going to continue improving. But given that the 50 HR mark is rarely reached in this post-streoid era, its bold to predict anyone reach that milestone. If anyone has a chance next season, it's Stanton.

What you got?
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bold Predictions for 2013

Postby Izenhart » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:36 pm

My bold prediction is that 99% of the bold predictions in this thread will be wrong.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 293)

Postby americanleagueroto » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Izenhart wrote:My bold perdiction is that 99% of the bold perdictions in this thread will be wrong.

I'd say 87%

How about - I'll take the under of 26.5 homers for Trout next season.
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dannahann » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Izenhart wrote:My bold prediction is that 99% of the bold predictions in this thread will be wrong.

Mine will likely be in that 99% but gotta spout off regardless: Assuming both youngsters stay healthy, Bryce Harper will have a better 2013 fantasy season than Mike Trout, as measured by Yahoo 'Rank'.
(Also to be a worthy 'bold' prediction ya gotta use bold font, right? :-D )
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Tim Lincecum will post a sub-5 ERA. Bold, I know.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby americanleagueroto » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:07 pm

dannahann wrote:
Izenhart wrote:My bold prediction is that 99% of the bold predictions in this thread will be wrong.

Mine will likely be in that 99% but gotta spout off regardless: Assuming both youngsters stay healthy, Bryce Harper will have a better 2013 fantasy season than Mike Trout, as measured by Yahoo 'Rank'.
(Also to be a worthy 'bold' prediction ya gotta use bold font, right? :-D )

Have to figure Trout will have the edge in Runs and SB's off the top. I can see Harper hitting more homers than Trout next season, and depending on where Harper hits in the lineup, the RBI's may go his way also.

Then it comes down to batting average. Trout as we know, was insane his first three months, .324 - .372 - .392. Meanwhile Harper had very respectable numbers his first couple months at a very young age, .271 - .274.

Trout has shown his human side the past couple months and Harper has really turned it on down the stretch for the Nats, hitting .316 with 6 bombs in the month of September for the Nationals.

Ultimately I think Trout may get the slight edge in average, but I think it will be a lot closer than people will consider going into next season.
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby snash » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:52 pm

99%? That's ridiculous. I predict that your prediction will be wrong. :-D I'll go with 97% ;-D

A real one: Harper will finish '13 with better stats collectively than Trout.

Try another: Dickey will continue to perform, though more in line with a James Shield than a David Price.

Oh, this one is good: The Cubs will lose 100 games for the 2nd season in a row, but Theo, Hoyer, and Sveum will survive.

This one is bold: Crawford goes back to 30 SB, 12+HR, and bats .300.

I like this more: Adrian Gonzolez goes back to 40HR but bats .300+ doing it this time.

<snore> Dunn pulls another 40HR, .200 avg (yes, last year was an aberration)

Medlen continues to dominate and challenge for a Cy Young.

Breakthru SP include Fiers and Detwiler

Cespedes get a nasty case of sophomore slump.

The 3rd boldest prediction: Braves win World Series with Medlen as Cy Young, Heyward challenging for a MVP, Freeman with 35+ HR, Uggla back to his usual self. Beachy as this year's Medlen coming back for the 2nd half. Marlin liquidation sales continues with Ozzie fired during the season. Phil gets a wildcard spot with Utley as the come-back player of the year. Howard finishes 2nd in the same award category.

The penultimate boldest prediction: Seattle wakes up and decides to move the walls in. Seattle challenges for a wildcard spot with King Felix contending for a cy-young along with Ramirez. Montero breakout. Ackley, Seagers, Smoaks, and Saunders continue to develop. Jason becomes this year's Yadier Molina.

The boldest prediction: Josh Rutledge becomes a top-3 SS in fantasy (he's got SS eligibility even though he'll play 2B 50% of the time. The other 50%...here comes another prediction...he'll sub in for Tulo, who will be DL bound for half the season again. it's an annual ritual for Tulo).
snash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:09 am

The A's finish under .500
The Nationals and Orioles both miss the playoffs (ok the O's aren't so bold~)
Ryan Braun follows up Cabrera with a back to back triple crown.
Billy Hamilton steals 100 bases while posting a sub .300 OBP.
Evan Longoria and Troy Tulowitski won't be top 50 players (ok again not so bold if you want to be a realist~).
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:17 am

Ender wrote:The A's finish under .500
Evan Longoria and Troy Tulowitski won't be top 50 players (ok again not so bold if you want to be a realist~).

I'd say the Braun and Hamilton predictions are the only bold ones. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the A's back below .500, just looking at their roster kind of blows my mind.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Ender wrote:The A's finish under .500

I'd say the Braun and Hamilton predictions are the only bold ones. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the A's back below .500, just looking at their roster kind of blows my mind.

Just for you then. Lincecum wins the NL CY and I really don't think it so bold.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers