We know you're smart but - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

We know you're smart but

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

We know you're smart but

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Tavish wrote:One league I had Morse, Gardner, Kemp, Werth, CarGo as my starting 5 OF. They averaged 85 games played.
Second league I had Halladay, Haren, Lester, Axford, Bell, Soria as the base for my pitching staff.

I'm an idiot.

Yeah, can't believe you couldn't predict those injuries. Never listening to you again.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: We know you're smart but

Postby Urban Cohorts » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:27 am

Four leagues this year...

My primary league is a 5x5 H2H keeper (8) with 12 teams. I finished in 8th place during a rebuilding year (I didn't have a single draft pick in the first 8 rounds and my best keeper, Tulo, was injured). Ended up drafting well, getting Trout and Harper. Won the consolation bracket for the 1st overall draft spot in 2013.

Finished in 2nd place in the Cafe Pondscum League after being in 1st most of the season. Damn you Kaiser and your extra point! Looking forward to the Masters League next year.

Finished 1st in regular season and 4th in the playoffs in my money league. Darn H2H luck...

Didn't do well in Elements league, but I was burnt out. Sorry Element! Still don't like using both AVG and OBP as categories.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ender » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:02 am

I played in 3 leagues. In the format I'm most familiar with I won the league but it was H2H so some of it was just dumb luck (I took 1st so got the bye which was the big deal). In my least flexible league I took 3rd and I was pretty happy with that since I drafted 15th in a 16 team league which I think is a huge disadvantage. In my keeper league I took like 7th or so, partly because it was an early draft and I just wasn't prepared and partly because my keepers were pretty crappy to be honest. It was also a daily league and I just am too busy to maximize my stats in that type of format, I probably will give up on that team this year because it is daily.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Element » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:Sorry Element! Still don't like using both AVG and OBP as categories.

I'm sure that we'll get together soon and talk about things some more. I want to get everyone's feedback.

Also, since Jason has resigned .... there's an opening if someone would like to take over his roster. IM me for details.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 767)

Postby dannahann » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 pm

I play 3 roto keeper leagues each season. I only finished 5th in the primary $ one but I'm very happy with that. The setup is such that it's extremely difficult to repeat, (I've only seen it done once in 15yrs), and I won the league last season. ;-D I was fortunate to hold on and win the other 2 leagues I play in, so it was one of my better years.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 55)

Postby Ender » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:27 am

Element wrote:
Urban Cohorts wrote:Sorry Element! Still don't like using both AVG and OBP as categories.

I'm sure that we'll get together soon and talk about things some more. I want to get everyone's feedback.

Also, since Jason has resigned .... there's an opening if someone would like to take over his roster. IM me for details.

I will add that I think this is just awful. There is no good reason to include AVG and OBP because you double included AVG at this point. I really don't like including any repetitive rate stat. OBP and SLG is bad, AVG and OBP is bad etc.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

We know you're smart but

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:00 am

Ender wrote:
Element wrote:

I will add that I think this is just awful. There is no good reason to include AVG and OBP because you double included AVG at this point. I really don't like including any repetitive rate stat. OBP and SLG is bad, AVG and OBP is bad etc.

Like hr, r, and RBI?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby Element » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Ender wrote:
Element wrote:

I'd use BB% instead of OBP if it were an option on Yahoo. My main league has used the same format for 15 yrs. There have been no complaints. You just plan accordingly as you would with any other format.

So I take it that you're not interested in Jason's team? :-D
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 767)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm

MaudDib wrote:4 Leagues.

Still in the hunt in one league for the title and currently sitting in first place (12 team H2H 5 player keeper).

Just finished 4th in the league that I have won the last two championships with. This one just came down to to many injuries: Tulo, Kemp, Longoria, Pedroia and Luebke. Add in Justin Upton taking a dive this season and what I thought could be a dominating 3rd title just didn't finish it off. (10 team H2H Dynasty. Keep 35 players and 20 player minor league system. League doesn't have a lot of teams but there isn't much on the WW either).

In the hunt for 3rd place finish. (12 H2H 10 player keeper)

Will finish in the bottom half (12 team points)

One Championship out of four isn't bad I guess. 3 top four finishes looks a little better.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers