Arbitration Process - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Arbitration Process

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Arbitration Process

Postby ShdowMastr81 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:44 pm

I've been researching a few different ways to address arbitration and i was wondering if anyone out there has a system that they'd like to share. Currently i run a 20 team h2h 7x7 league with 25 man rosters and 25 man minors.

the current system we use:

Arbitration contracts have a controlled service time of 5 years. Once a player graduates from the minors by surpassing the AB/IP limits, he will be applied an ARB contract with a (1/5) next to it. That signifies that he has complete one out of five controlled seasons, based on his service time. Every season that he reaches 150 AB or 50 IP, he will gain one more year of service time. That will be marked as (2/5), (3/5), (4/5). After his fifth season with 150 AB or 50 IP he will become an unrestricted free agent. You will have three options at this point, apply a restricted tag to him, apply a franchise tag to him, or let him walk to free agency. If he goes to free agency you will be allowed to bid on him just as you would any other free agent.

Arbitration raises will be applied after every season, if that player qualifies. The raises will be based on the individual player's performance against the performance of players at his primary position. To qualify for an arbitration raise, the player must meet the three following criteria:
1) The player must have reached 150 AB or 50 IP during the season in question.
2) In order to use a position as his primary position, the hitter must have at least 35 games played at that position during the season in question. If more than one position qualifies, the position with the most games played will be his primary position. A pitcher must start 10 games to qualify at Starting Pitcher and must make at least 15 Relief Appearances to qualify at RP.
3)Hitters must have finished within the top 10 on the player rater for the entire season, at that specific position. SP must finish within the top 50. RP must finish within the top 40. DH's with no other position eligibility must finish within the overall top 75.

If the player meets all three criteria he will be awarded a $2 arbitration raise.

Arbitration raises will be tracked and post after the league's World Series, each season.

** anyone have anything similar or suggestions/ideas about their process?
ShdowMastr81
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Arbitration Process

Postby bigmck » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:11 am

I like to have fun when I play. I do accounting at work not at home. Your rules are too complicated.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner