Keeper, Finals, 4 days left, tied - Votto, McCutch, Braun - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper, Finals, 4 days left, tied - Votto, McCutch, Braun

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper, Finals, 4 days left, tied - Votto, McCutch, Braun

Postby JoshuaHavok » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm in a 10 team Head-to-head KEEPER (keep 12 of 24) league with 9 hit stats(R, H,HR, RBI,SB,BB, AVG,OPS, XBH) & 8 pitch stats (W, CG, SV, K, GIDP, ERA, WHIP, QS). Only allowed 4 moves left, and I still have all four.

Last week I dropped Hanson and Dunn to grab Bailey and Griffin for their two starts. Griffin well didn't do as I was expecting although he was due for a blow up so should have seen it coming.

So now Im in the finals and the score is currently tied 6-6 (and close in all cats) So do you guys see anything I should upgrade or should I say screw it and see if I can pull the win?

Also, who do you guys think my keepers are, I know my bats, but what about pitchers, worth keeping, Haren, and then who (is Medlen, Kuroda, anderson, Kimbrel, Jansen worth keeping over my all star bats, or try to re-draft some of them if I can? worth the risk of loosing them?)

Wire : B = Scutaro, Aoki, Uggla P = Marco Estrada, Kevin Correia, Chris Tillman, Kyle Kendrick
C - Joe Mauer
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Jason Kipnis
3B - David Wright
SS - Jimmy Rollins
CI - Pablo Sandoval
MI - Ian Desmond
LF - Ryan Braun
CF - Andrew McCutchen
RF - Jay Bruce
Util- Paul Goldschmidt
BN - Micheal Bourn

SP - Hiroki Kuroda
SP - A.J. Griffin
SP - Medlen
RP - Craig Kimbrel
RP - J nathan
RP - K Jansen
P - Brett Anderson
BN - Homer Bailey
BN - Dan Haren
BN- Edwin 'Jackson
BN - Tim Hudson
BN - Jonathon Niese

For those who read the whole post to the end, thank you.

Also, I just want to shout out to all who have helped me this year, even after seeing 3 posts in one week with only minor variance in the questions. You guys/girls are the reason I've been in first place all season and the reason I'm in the finals, so once again, thank you everyone. I feel like I've been in the fantasy world enough coupled with your helpful responses have given me the confidence/push to start commenting myself and helping out the newbies.
So once again thank you very much to all of you who has commented and helped me through my self induced stressed evenings looking at the wire. Keep up the great work, gotta love the Cafe!

Josh
JoshuaHavok
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper, Finals, 4 days left, tied - Votto, McCutch, Brau

Postby Element » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:37 pm

JoshuaHavok wrote:C - Joe Mauer ;-D
1B - Joey Votto ;-D
2B - Jason Kipnis ;-D
3B - David Wright ;-D
SS - Jimmy Rollins
CI - Pablo Sandoval ;-D
MI - Ian Desmond ;-D
LF - Ryan Braun ;-D
CF - Andrew McCutchen ;-D
RF - Jay Bruce ;-D
Util- Paul Goldschmidt ;-D
BN - Micheal Bourn ;-D

SP - Hiroki Kuroda
SP - A.J. Griffin
SP - Medlen
RP - Craig Kimbrel ;-D
RP - J nathan
RP - K Jansen
P - Brett Anderson
BN - Homer Bailey
BN - Dan Haren
BN- Edwin 'Jackson
BN - Tim Hudson
BN - Jonathon Niese

As for your keepers ... LOVE your offensive players. I'd toss Rollins back and keep the rest of the band together myself. You have a strange scoring system, so it's difficult to figure out just how valuable Kimbrel is. I can't imagine that closers are worth more than starters in this system. Guys like Kuroda & Hudson should be more valuable than usual. If closers are a dime a dozen I may roll the dice with someone like Medlan and spend your entire draft working on your pitching. I'd target mostly the same types of players that you already have. Another option too is putting together a group of players like Desmond, Mauer, Pablo & Goldschmidt and seeing what kind of a starter it could net you.

As for this season ... I could see dumping Kipnis for Uggla, but it's a coin flip and I like Kipnis moving forward as one of your keepers. Maybe Bailey for Kendrick, but the remaining matchups would need to be right.

Thanks for the kind words. CAFE!!! WOOOOOOT!
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 610)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions