Insane to drop Ellsbury or Konerko? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Insane to drop Ellsbury or Konerko?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Insane to drop Ellsbury or Konerko?

Postby st3v3k4hn » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:16 pm

I'm in 3rd place going into the playoffs. The top 2 teams really hoarded closers and as a result no one could compete for saves with them. So I traded my closers (and a position guy) for starters (Cueto and Wainwright!) and punted on saves (hoping to win Wins and Ks and at least 1 of ERA and WHIP). I'm pretty good on offense as I have been picking up guys when they get hot (Lucroy, LaRoche, Aybar, Crisp, Headly, Frazier) and some of my mainstays (Beltre, Bruce) have heated up now too. There are still some hot guys on the wire and I am considering dropping one or two of my team to pick them up. I'm worried about Frazier's playing time now that Votto is back, but he's been great and it remains to be seen what they do with him (he played Votto's first day back), and Plouffe hasn't been great, but he has such value being multu-position that I want to keep him. That leaves Konerko and Ellsbury as the 2 guys who sit on my bench and suck while sporting big names. Konerko is at 774th over the last 30 days batting 247 with 3 HRs in that time. Ells is ranked higher for the month but he's been terrible the last 10 days or so (1275th last week), and for the season he is batting 262 with 2 HRs! Guys like Tyler Colvin, Pedro Alvarez, Cody Ross, Jordan Pacheco, etc are still available. Is it nuts to drop Ellsbury or Konerko for a clearly worse but hotter hitter??? Many thanks...

C: Lucroy
1B: LaRoche
2B: Pedroia
3B: Beltre
SS: Aybar
OF: Bruce, Willingham, Crisp
UTIL: Frazier, Headley
BN: Ellsbury, Konerko, Plouffe
DL: Ortiz

SP: Weaver, Cueto, Wainwright, Morrow, Hellickson, Harrison, Miley, Jaime Garcia, Maholm, Minor, Griffin
RP: None
st3v3k4hn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Insane to drop Ellsbury or Konerko?

Postby gatornuggets » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:47 pm

I am looking to replace Konerko myself with a waiver option like Parmalee, Mayberry Jr., or even Chris Carter. Can't think of dropping him though. What if....
gatornuggets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby st3v3k4hn » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:58 pm

gatornuggets wrote:I am looking to replace Konerko myself with a waiver option like Parmalee, Mayberry Jr., or even Chris Carter. Can't think of dropping him though. What if....

I wish the A's would commit to either Carter or Brandon Moss. They're both doing great but neither one gets quite enough at bats to justify owning...
st3v3k4hn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby fast dogs » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:15 pm

I think you need to hold Ells for sure espec w/Willingham hurt and Frazier playing whenever Dusty sees fit
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 304)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions