Need your help! Votto, Tulo returning. WHIR* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need your help! Votto, Tulo returning. WHIR*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need your help! Votto, Tulo returning. WHIR*

Postby StealingHome » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:21 am

10-team keeper league. 6x6 with OPS and Holds

Guys, I could really use your help. How do I make room for both Votto and Tulo? Do I drop Dunn? He's been kiling my AVG and hasn't been doing much lately. There are now reports of an oblique issue. How about dropping Todd Frazier? His playing time will likely be reduced once Votto is back. I could start Youk at 3B. Do I drop Escobar; but with Bourn not doing so hot lately, I like the steals that Escobar gives me. I bet Tulo doesn't play every day when he returns though. I guess that I could slide Zobrist to SS (this league has daily moves). I am comfortable with the number of SP that I have, but do I have to consider dropping one? As you can see, I don't have a true ace. The rest of the league carries a similar number of pitchers, so I think that I'd rather not drop a SP.

I could really use your help. Thanks. WHIR

C: Ryan Doumit (C,LF,RF)
1B: Adam Dunn (1B,LF)
2B: Ben Zobrist (2B,SS,RF)
3B: Todd Frazier (1B,3B,LF)
SS: Alcides Escobar (SS)
LF: Ryan Braun (LF)
CF: Mike Trout (LF,CF,RF)
RF: Allen Craig (1B,2B, LF,CF,RF)
Util: Jay Bruce (RF)
BN: Michael Bourn (CF)
BN: Kevin Youkilis (1B,3B)
BN: Joey Votto (1B)
DL: Troy Tulowitzki (SS)
DL: David Ortiz (1B)

SP: Matt Moore
SP: Jake Peavy
SP: C.J. Wilson
RP: Jason Motte
RP: Tom Wilhelmsen
RP: David Robertson
P: Jason Grilli
P: Ryan Vogelsong
P: Ian Kennedy
BN: Jonathan Niese
BN: Kyle Lohse
BN: Clay Buchholz
BN: Jeff Samardzija
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need your help! Votto, Tulo returning. WHIR*

Postby gatornuggets » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:25 pm

I would definitely do a close study of your playoff opponents and see which categories you need to improve in before doing anything. That being said, I would drop Frazier as it seems he will lose playing time. Depending on what you need offensively, you have to drop either Zobrist and move Craig to 2B and then start Bourn. Or drop Escobar, sub in Tulo and get Bourn in here and there to make up for the lost steals.

Although Samardzija has two good matchups this week, keep an eye on him as they may limit his pitches soon. That will clear up a spot.

Good luck!
gatornuggets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Need your help! Votto, Tulo returning. WHIR*

Postby smitty10j » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:25 pm

I think one I would drop is Frazier, I think he playing time is going to get cut back with Votto returning. And the other one, I am thinking Dunn. Votto should slide in nicely for him, and while looking at your lineup, I wouldn't think that HR's and RBI's are really a problems for you so you might as well sit Dunn and his k's and bad average. But here is another thing to just think about, what about just saying forget hold or saves, as you only have to 2 guys for saves and 2 guys for holds which at least I would think makes it a toss up winning those categories each week, so maybe drop the 2 closers or 2 set-up guys, probably the 2 closers if there are any more guys getting holds on the WW, since I don't think there would be any closers on the WW at this time, and see if you can add another pitcher that is getting holds, and just going starting pitching ESPECIALLY 2 Start Pitchers for that week, just pitch as many starters as possible, pick up the guys with 2 starts this week and by sheer number you should end up winning the following pitching categories, W, K's, and Either Holds or Saves, you would probably lose walks and the other one either holds or saves, and era really is a toss up, but that would only work if you are winning pretty much every hitting category every week. And also you could continue to go for both holds and saves and drop your bench hitters as hitters play almost everyday, so much of those guys just sit on your bench in case someone gets hurt, which would free up more room for your pitchers. But hey that is just a thought and you know your team and the other teams in the league better than I do. Good luck!

Thanks for your help with mine.
smitty10j
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions