OF Help for Playoffs...Any advice??? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

OF Help for Playoffs...Any advice??? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

OF Help for Playoffs...Any advice??? WHIR

Postby Bosny » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:39 pm

]I have two slots and four guys to consider for first round of playoffs. This is a H2H league. I need H's, R's, BB's, RBI's and no K's. Extra pts for each extra base. Please rank them for me and provide and feedback. I have McCutchen penciled in as he carried me all year. However, he has been sub-par for last month. Would I be crazy to sit him and pick three from below? Usually like to stay with the guys that brought me to playoffs, but....I have listed them in order I like them. Thanks very much!

Crisp-3 vsLAA and 3 @SEA- Best hitter over last 5 weeks. Should have four or five 30+ point weeks. HR and 2 doubles today. Only problem is the pitching matchups are pretty tough.

Colvin-4 @ATL and 3 @PHI- Been on fire last couple of weeks with another big game today. Does do better at home and has all 7 games on road.

Murphy(TX) -4 @KC and 3 @TB- Pretty consistent over last month with 3- 30pt weeks. Nice lineup with 7 games.

Reddick-3 vs LAA and 3 @SEA- He was in a slump for Aug but burst out in big way. Best hitter over last week or so. May hit 50 pts this week, but had been over a month since his last 20 point week. Do I ride the streak or is it due to end?
Bosny
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: OF Help for Playoffs...Any advice??? WHIR

Postby sclyon3 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 pm

If I'm you, I go McCutch, Colvin, Murphy out of those guys. My reasoning would be that both Colvin and Murph each play 7 games, while the Oakland boys each play 6. Also, as you mentioned, the match-ups Oakland is facing are tough, as well as the parks that they will be playing in. Colvin's home-road splits aren't nearly as drastic as a lot of other Rockies. He actually does pretty evenly comparatively. If he continues to hit near the top of the line-up, he may see a boost in runs with Tulo on his way back. I like Murph for that reason, too. Texas's line-up is always tough, and runs will come no matter where you hit in the order.

I like Crisp as a close number 3, and Reddick 4th. I would take Crisp over Reddick easily if it were me based on the categories you need. I think he will do a better job of providing you with what you're looking for should you decide against Colvin and/or Murphy.

Good luck!!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: OF Help for Playoffs...Any advice??? WHIR

Postby Bosny » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Thank you for the great input. ANother HR for Murpy and Colvin today....they are a a lock for my this week. I am still so torn about McCuctchen. Crisp has more points for 6 of last 7 weeks. My heart says stay with McC and my head says start Crisp. Any other input? Thanks!
Bosny
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions