Salvador Perez or Wil Myers in a Keeper League? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Salvador Perez or Wil Myers in a Keeper League?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Salvador Perez or Wil Myers in a Keeper League?

Postby Newkie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:25 pm

I am in a 10 manager 10 keeper 6x6 H2H league. I traded away Weiters for Perez (KC) and a huge upgraded in draft pick, hence the reason maybe the Catcher position looks a little thin with this question.
Which would you be inclined to keep, even though we havent seen Myers (KC) at the Major league level yet?

Thanks in advance
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Salvador Perez or Wil Myers in a Keeper League?

Postby fast dogs » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:56 pm

I don't think either should be kept in a 100 keeper league
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 303)

Postby zomberg » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Newkie wrote:I am in a 10 manager 10 keeper 6x6 H2H league. I traded away Weiters for Perez (KC) and a huge upgraded in draft pick, hence the reason maybe the Catcher position looks a little thin with this question.
Which would you be inclined to keep, even though we havent seen Myers (KC) at the Major league level yet?

Thanks in advance

Depends on the rest of your keepers. I'd say that Perez is fine to keep with a strong squad -- he seems to be a solid commodity. However, if you're really just looking to find a few gems, Myers has that top 25 potential just coursing through his veins.
zomberg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Newkie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:52 pm

I agree, maybe neither are top 100 keeper league players, but seeing they are on my team, and there are no better on waivers, or me team unless you think I should keep a Howie Kendrick, or Ichiro Suzuki (Too old for a Keeper League in my Opinion at a Fat position) or a Neftali Feliz (only if he was a SP). So as a 10th keeper, I am going with one of the two Catcher eligible players listed.

My keepers are:

C Perez or Myers
1B/OF Morse
1B Rizzo (I am a Cubs fan)
3B Longoria
SS Castro
OF A Gordon
OF A Jones
OF Reddick (weak I know, but I am a big fan, and seems to be a young talent on his way up)
SP Lincecum
SP Darvish
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

Postby StealingHome » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:11 pm

You have to consider that there is a chance that Myers may not even be on the ML roster on opening day. However, catcher is a relatively deep position this year and possibly next. Unless you are keeping Posey, Mauer, or Santana, I would likely go with Myers.
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby zomberg » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Myers isn't C eligible, is he? He hasn't played at catcher since 2010...
zomberg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Newkie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:01 pm

He's Catcher eligible in Yahoo so far. Not sure if he will play the C position like Jesus Montero did to get or keep the eligibility or not.
Either way, I believe Perez would slip in the draft next yr. where Myers would get picked sooner by a manager looking to grab all the hot prospects out there.
I will wait and see how Myers does in September against MLB SP's.

Thanks
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zomberg » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Newkie wrote:He's Catcher eligible in Yahoo so far. Not sure if he will play the C position like Jesus Montero did to get or keep the eligibility or not.
Either way, I believe Perez would slip in the draft next yr. where Myers would get picked sooner by a manager looking to grab all the hot prospects out there.

Thanks

Makes no sense, and I'm afraid they'll update that in 2013...can't see how they won't. And at least Montero caught in the minors (and still is catching to an extent).
zomberg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Element » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:44 pm

zomberg wrote:
Newkie wrote:He's Catcher eligible in Yahoo so far. Not sure if he will play the C position like Jesus Montero did to get or keep the eligibility or not.

Thanks

Makes no sense, and I'm afraid they'll update that in 2013...can't see how they won't. And at least Montero caught in the minors (and still is catching to an extent).

Myers will likely receive a September call up. He is no longer playing catcher. He was moved off of the position over a year ago. If he plays at all this season it will be in the OF and he will no longer carry the eligibility into next season.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions