Melky for Bruce/ 1st round pick - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Melky for Bruce/ 1st round pick

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Melky for Bruce/ 1st round pick

Postby baseballbro34 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm in a 12 team h2h league where we keep 12. Melky was a keeper, but is no use to me this season and I'm trying to run to the playoffs. My lineup is below. Is it worth it to give up my first round pick for next season to get Bruce?
12 team H2H keeper
Mauer Dunn Kipnis Encarnacion Rollins Melky Hamilton Rios G. Jones Freese Ichiro Alcides Keppinger
Price Cain Harrison Cueto Waino Burnett Maholm Vargas Kimbrel Valverde Cishek Janssen
baseballbro34
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Melky for Bruce/ 1st round pick

Postby zomberg » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:28 pm

baseballbro34 wrote:I'm in a 12 team h2h league where we keep 12. Melky was a keeper, but is no use to me this season and I'm trying to run to the playoffs. My lineup is below. Is it worth it to give up my first round pick for next season to get Bruce?

Depending on what your league is spending on other trades, sure! Bruce is a nice bat, and he definitely fits in as one of your 12 next year. Just remember that this'll hurt your chances for next year, not help them.
zomberg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fast dogs » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:33 pm

I'd do that 4 Bruce
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 286)

Postby OBPlover » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Hold on, is there another Melky other than the one that just got banned 50 games?

You need to contend with the risk of him getting caught again. You need to risk higm getting injured due to who knows what else he put into his body. You need to risk him going off the roids and receding into a mediocre hitter again.

All this for one of the best power hitters in the game and a 1st round draft pick?

This trade is not only one sided, it's vetoable.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions