veto this trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

veto this trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

veto this trade

Postby miracles716 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:51 am

hello i am commish of a 12 team league and this trade just came in that made me very suspicious should i veto it?

Team A gets TROUT, G. Jones and Holland

Team B gets Kimbrel, ROdney and Valverde

IMO Team A is completely ripping off Team B agreed?
miracles716
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 57)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: veto this trade

Postby Quackman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:43 am

miracles716 wrote:hello i am commish of a 12 team league and this trade just came in that made me very suspicious should i veto it?

Keeper its auto veto. Redraft still might be veto. Id look at the circumstances a little. Is B trading to improve his team? I will use veto's if i think someone isnt trading with their teams interest in mind (i.e. could be giving up, dumping players, hooking up a buddy). So it depends on the circumstances. Is he losing saves every week and locking up SB's every week. Thats about the only circumstance i could see it make sense is if his offense is stacked with fast guys and he has no closers.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby cardinal1975 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 am

Quackman wrote:
miracles716 wrote:hello i am commish of a 12 team league and this trade just came in that made me very suspicious should i veto it?

Keeper its auto veto. Redraft still might be veto. Id look at the circumstances a little. Is B trading to improve his team? I will use veto's if i think someone isnt trading with their teams interest in mind (i.e. could be giving up, dumping players, hooking up a buddy). So it depends on the circumstances. Is he losing saves every week and locking up SB's every week. Thats about the only circumstance i could see it make sense is if his offense is stacked with fast guys and he has no closers.

I am going to agree a bit with Quackman in that more details would have really helped. Is it a H2H or Roto scoring? What are the categories scored? Where in the standings are these two teams? Is this a keeper or dynasty league and if so how many keepers can teams have? Is this a contract league....are there money issues that need to be taken into account? What is the makeup of both rosters?

All of the above questions I had are pertinent to deciding if you really have a veto. I know we all love Trout but if this is a roto league and the team can make up 8-10 points in saves while helping his k's, era, and whip if he is contending for a title that is a big difference than saying he is a team at the bottom of the standings with no other talent around him. Also it matters what the rosters look like. If the team moving Trout already has McCutchen, Heyward, and Braun in his outfield maybe this trade makes some sense. I am always hesitant in general to just scream veto and even more so without looking at the big picture. We need to remember that Kimbrel is a top 2 closer, Rodney has been pitching all year like a top 5 closer, and Valverde still is getting saves for a contender in Detroit.

In closing I really have a lot more questions you have yet to answer to really understand if this is a veto in your league.
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

Postby miracles716 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:05 pm

14 team roto non keeper standard settings
miracles716
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 57)

Postby cardinal1975 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 pm

miracles716 wrote:14 team roto non keeper standard settings

In that format I say definitely no on the veto. I assume saves, era, whip, and k's are all categories in your league and the combination of closers that the one team is receiving in return for Trout is currently elite and should help them. In roto leagues (especially a non-keeper) it's all about the categories and if the other team needs say the three closers are more valuable for the last 40 or so games left than Trout's all around offensive brillance, then by all means let the trade pass.

;-D
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 pm

cardinal1975 wrote:

In that format I say definitely no on the veto. I assume saves, era, whip, and k's are all categories in your league and the combination of closers that the one team is receiving in return for Trout is currently elite and should help them. In roto leagues (especially a non-keeper) it's all about the categories and if the other team needs say the three closers are more valuable for the last 40 or so games left than Trout's all around offensive brillance, then by all means let the trade pass.

;-D

Yep, no veto.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 41)

Postby mkultra » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Why do you think it is vetoable?

I can easily see this being a great trade for Team B if they needed Saves and were locked in offensively. Jones and Holland are marginal players- it's basically Trout for 3 closers.
Last edited by mkultra on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:42 pm

lane_anasazi2 wrote:
cardinal1975 wrote:

;-D

Yep, no veto.

;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner