NL MVP. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

NL MVP.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: NL MVP.

Postby Izenhart » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:55 pm

What I think will happen:

1. Posey
2. Molina
3. McCutchen
4. Braun
5. Headley

This is how I would vote:
1. Braun
2. Posey
3. McCutchen
4. Headley
5. Hill
6. Wright
7. Ramirez
8. Desmond
9. Molina
10. Laroche
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1605
(Past Year: 299)
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Big Papiville

Re: NL MVP.

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:28 pm

Posey has it locked up, I'd be shocked if anyone else won it.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14134
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: NL MVP.

Postby Ender » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Yeah I expect both leagues to go to the wrong player. Cabrera in the AL and Posey in the NL. Neither is a horrible choice which happens now and again, just not the best one.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NL MVP.

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:52 am

Ender wrote:Yeah I expect both leagues to go to the wrong player. Cabrera in the AL and Posey in the NL. Neither is a horrible choice which happens now and again, just not the best one.


How exactly is Posey the wrong player?
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14134
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: NL MVP.

Postby benb18a » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Ender wrote:Yeah I expect both leagues to go to the wrong player. Cabrera in the AL and Posey in the NL. Neither is a horrible choice which happens now and again, just not the best one.


How exactly is Posey the wrong player?


Image

Because he was not the best player in his league this season?
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 771
Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: NL MVP.

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 am

Because he is facing against Ryan Braun more or less who I think is better. Funny thing is Posey over Braun is only a minor snub to me. Cabrera over Trout is insanity. Most people probably don't agree.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NL MVP.

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:12 am

benb18a wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
Ender wrote:Yeah I expect both leagues to go to the wrong player. Cabrera in the AL and Posey in the NL. Neither is a horrible choice which happens now and again, just not the best one.


How exactly is Posey the wrong player?


Image

Because he was not the best player in his league this season?


And yet he has the highest WAR in the NL (behind only Trout in the MLB) and plays the most physically and mentally demanding position in the game.

Care to explain why you think it's so ridiculous that someone might consider Posey the best player in the league this season?
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14134
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: NL MVP.

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:14 am

Ender wrote:Because he is facing against Ryan Braun more or less who I think is better. Funny thing is Posey over Braun is only a minor snub to me. Cabrera over Trout is insanity. Most people probably don't agree.


The stats don't think it's a snub at all.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14134
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: NL MVP.

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 am

Izenhart wrote:What I think will happen:

1. Posey
2. Molina
3. McCutchen
4. Braun
5. Headley

This is how I would vote:
1. Braun
2. Posey
3. McCutchen
4. Headley
5. Hill
6. Wright
7. Ramirez
8. Desmond
9. Molina
10. Laroche


I pretty much agree with this if you move Molina ahead of Headley. I also kind of doubt Braun is in the top 5 cause some writers are going to leave him completely off the ballot.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21610
(Past Year: 379)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: NL MVP.

Postby benb18a » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:33 am

I never said that it is ridiculous for one to consider him the MVP of his league this season, just that, I consider him not to be the MVP of his league this season.

It is interesting that you fall back on "the stats." Because what I see, is Braun leading the league in multiple categories that Posey is not in the top ten in, namely, insignificant statistical categories such as home runs, and runs scored. Funny how a player who leads the league in homers, runs, and OPS, and is second in RBI, 9th in steals isn't considered a "snub" when juxtaposed with a Giants player.

Edit: funny how you use WAR and position as your argument. By my calculation, Braun's defensive WAR is at least 1.0, Posey's? 0.0
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 771
Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp, scarnicease and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Aug. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Houston at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Washington
(4:05 pm)
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact