NL MVP. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

NL MVP.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: NL MVP.

Postby Ender » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:28 am

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/83752 ... p-race-mlb

Interesting article and for once not a completely biased piece of junk by ESPN. pretty much the way I feel about it too. Braun has no chance, he deserves the award and anyone who won't even consider him is showing a very odd set of personal choices but not a surprising one.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Izenhart » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:10 am

Ender wrote:http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8375277/buster-posey-andrew-mccutchen-ryan-braun-wild-national-league-mvp-race-mlb

Interesting article and for once not a completely biased piece of junk by ESPN. pretty much the way I feel about it too. Braun has no chance, he deserves the award and anyone who won't even consider him is showing a very odd set of personal choices but not a surprising one.

Hmm, I think even without the scandal, Posey would be right there in the race. But that's a hard hypothetical to say. I agree Braun won't/can't win. Maybe he hits 20 home runs in September and finishes with over 50, things would get really interesting then. I always root for the interesting angle. :-)
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 531)

Postby benb18a » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:51 am

Ender wrote: Braun has no chance,

ban
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ender » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Izenhart wrote:
Ender wrote:http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8375277/buster-posey-andrew-mccutchen-ryan-braun-wild-national-league-mvp-race-mlb

Hmm, I think even without the scandal, Posey would be right there in the race. But that's a hard hypothetical to say. I agree Braun won't/can't win. Maybe he hits 20 home runs in September and finishes with over 50, things would get really interesting then. I always root for the interesting angle. :-)

Certainly true. I don't mind someone voting for someone else, just dismissing Braun completely is what I don't agree with.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 pm

I don't think it's really who is more deserving. since it's an award where humans get to vote, it comes down to who they would vote for.. or in this case this season who they would NOT vote for. based on what happened last year with Braun, I bet there are many human voters who simply will NOT vote for Braun, regardless of what his final numbers are.

the Pirates collapse is likely effecting McCutchen's chances.

the Giants are going to make the playoffs, and Buster Posey has been on a tear lately. I would say he is the favorite right now.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 513)

Postby ayebatter » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:24 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:and Buster Posey has been on a tear lately

Braun has gone 19/9/24/5/.345+ in the last 30 days dragging the Brewers up with him, he deserves the award at this point weather the holier than thou writers/fans vote for him or not.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1616)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:01 am

Buster Posey in the second half:
.390/.464/.663

This despite hitting in one of the biggest pitcher parks in baseball and playing the most physically demanding position in baseball while handling a pitching staff at the same time.

Posey is absolutely carrying the Giants right now and would clearly be in the conversation whether or not braun had the steroid cloud over his head.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 827)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:08 am

ayebatter wrote:

Braun has gone 19/9/24/5/.345+ in the last 30 days dragging the Brewers up with him, he deserves the award at this point weather the holier than thou writers/fans vote for him or not.

Posey in the last 30 days 22/3/17/0/.343 ;-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1616)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 pm

ayebatter wrote:

Braun is putting up big numbers, no doubt. but last season he won the MVP award, but then tested positive for PED. he had his positive test over turned, not because of any results, but just because of the process hadn't been done correctly. right or wrong, this season he just wont get some votes. in what is already a close race, could end up be voted differently. some votes who simply will not vote for Braun, will instead vote for someone else like Posey.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:28 pm

so who is winning this award?
if you forget what happened to Braun with the PED situation I think it would be his without question.

I think because of that situation with Braun, others are going to steal votes from him. someone like Posey could be in a better position to win.

for what it's worth, Sports Illustrated magazine has the award going to.. Yadier Molina, because of his defense and throwing out runners trying to steal.

this guy wont win the award, but I think Chase Headley gets votes. hell of a 2nd half.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers