AL MVP. Mike Trout show? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL MVP. Mike Trout show?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AL MVP. Mike Trout show?

Postby ChefBoyRG54 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:55 pm

If Ryan Braun was > Matt Kemp despite Kemp's better numbers, but making the playoffs

then Miggy is > Mike Trout despite all the arguments about whose numbers are better than the others because one is sitting at home right now(presumably) and the other is on the way to the WS

If Trout gets it and Kemp didn't then in my eyes the MVP award is an irrelevant joke or some sort of sick popularity contest...

I mean....its only the triple crown right
Pete Rose for President

ChefBoyRG54
ChefBoyRG54
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:14 pm

ChefBoyRG54 wrote:the MVP award is an irrelevant joke or some sort of sick popularity contest...

We have a winner.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby jfg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 pm

ChefBoyRG54 wrote:If Ryan Braun was > Matt Kemp despite Kemp's better numbers, but making the playoffs

then Miggy is > Mike Trout despite all the arguments about whose numbers are better than the others because one is sitting at home right now(presumably) and the other is on the way to the WS

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you are saying Matt Kemp deserved to win MVP over Braun so because of that, Cabrera should win because voters got it wrong last year for the same reason? That makes sense how?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 pm

If they don't get it wrong for the same poor reasoning every season then it's a joke. Ya gotta be consistent. What good would the MVP award be if it went to the most valuable player in the league? Pretty boring if you ask me. We need a narrative.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 134)

Postby Izenhart » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 pm

jfg wrote:
ChefBoyRG54 wrote:If Ryan Braun was > Matt Kemp despite Kemp's better numbers, but making the playoffs

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you are saying Matt Kemp deserved to win MVP over Braun so because of that, Cabrera should win because voters got it wrong last year for the same reason? That makes sense how?

I don't know I get confused every time someone tries to justify Miggy deserving the MVP.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby ayebatter » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Izenhart wrote:
jfg wrote:

I don't know I get confused every time someone tries to justify Miggy deserving the MVP.

I get confused every time someone tries to justify Trout deserving the MVP, just because he scored a bunch of runs with that lineup hitting behind him, and leadoff hitters generally tend to run the bases a bit. Triple Crown /Playoff team = MVP. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1364)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:34 pm

ayebatter wrote:I get confused every time someone tries to justify Trout deserving the MVP, just because he scored a bunch of runs with that lineup hitting behind him, and leadoff hitters generally tend to run the bases a bit. Triple Crown /Playoff team = MVP. ;-D

@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby ayebatter » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:39 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
ayebatter wrote:I get confused every time someone tries to justify Trout deserving the MVP, just because he scored a bunch of runs with that lineup hitting behind him, and leadoff hitters generally tend to run the bases a bit. Triple Crown /Playoff team = MVP. ;-D

Hahahaha, never, that's how I feel about it....................

.............. use your best Clint Eastwood voice to get the full effect.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1364)

Postby ChefBoyRG54 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Izenhart wrote:

I get confused when everybody gives it Trout for a first good few months

I forget, how did Trout do down the stretch? Was he still the next Cobb or Mantle...i forgetful

But weird, I do remember Miggy carrying his team and helping to win games to get his team into a place Trout is unfamiliar with.

Power hitting, run producing, BA w RISP sickening....all while in the caverns of Comerica.

Forget it, lets give the award to Beltre. He had a good month or so didnt he? At least he played 1 playoff game:)
Pete Rose for President

ChefBoyRG54
ChefBoyRG54
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:01 pm

ChefBoyRG54 wrote:
Izenhart wrote:

I get confused when everybody gives it Trout for a first good few months

I forget, how did Trout do down the stretch? Was he still the next Cobb or Mantle...i forgetful

Mike Trout put up a better WAR than Miguel Cabrera in September. But sure, continue to ignore baserunning and defense in order to fit your story of how MCab carried his team into the postseason despite winning less games than the Angels. Obviously MCab willed the rest of his division to be terrible so that the Tigers could squeak into the playoffs with only 88 wins.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers