Do I need Goldschmidt? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Do I need Goldschmidt? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do I need Goldschmidt? WHIR

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 am

So, I am currently in 3rd place, and seem to think I need help to make it through the playoffs...Hart and Sandoval are not bad for 1B, but lack consistency...Do I need Goldschmidt? Here is the offer that is presented to me.

I give: Machado,Pablo and Bonifacio
I get: Jensen and Goldschmidt

Not sure if I want to give up Machado in a keeper, though also not sure if Profar is more valuable than Machado...thoughts?

10 Team H2H (5x5, OBP replaces AVG), keeper (we keep 6) (so far my keepers are: Miggy, Braun, Kemp, Posey, Bumgarner, Kershaw)
My team:

C- Posey
1B - Hart
2B - ZObrist
SS - Jeter
3B - Miggy
OF - Kemp
OF - Braun
OF - Jennings
U - Victorino
U - Willingham
B - Machado
B - Altuve
B - Pablo
DL -Bonifacio

Kershaw/Bumgarner/Lee/Halladay/Latos/Zimmerman
Clippard/Chapman/Kimbrel
Last edited by CubsFan4Life23 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do I need Goldschmidt? WHIR

Postby pungent » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:26 am

CubsFan4Life23 wrote:So, I am currently in 3rd place, and seem to think I need help to make it through the playoffs...Hart and Sandoval are not bad for 1B, but lack consistency...Do I need Goldschmidt? Here is the offer that is presented to me.

I give: Machado/Pablo and Bonifacio
I get: Jensen/Goldschmidt

Not sure if I want to give up Machado in a keeper, though also not sure if Profar is more valuable than Machado...thoughts?

10 Team H2H (5x5, OBP replaces AVG), keeper (we keep 6) (so far my keepers are: Miggy, Braun, Kemp, Posey, Bumgarner, Kershaw)
My team:

C- Posey
1B - Hart
2B - ZObrist
SS - Jeter
3B - Miggy
OF - Kemp
OF - Braun
OF - Jennings
U - Victorino
U - Willingham
B - Machado
B - Altuve
B - Pablo
DL -Bonifacio

Clippard/Chapman/Kimbrel

So are you giving up Machado, Pablo and Boni and getting Jensen and Goldy? The " / " are throwing me off a bit... :-?
pungent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:29 am

Yeah that would be the deal...Sorry, I will use commas next time
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pungent » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:43 am

I feel like you're giving up quite a bit to get Goldy, but in the end it really doesn't matter since those guys you're giving are bench players. Not to mention it doesn't hinder your keepers anyways. I like the deal for you, Goldy should be able to give you some nice pop at 1B and you can shift Hart in you OF or Utility spot. Machado will never make your keeper squad.
pungent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Element » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:56 pm

I don't see Goldy being an upgrade over what you already have at all. In fact, I think that you'd be giving up entirely too much. I'd look for a very strong finish from Pablo.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby pungent » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Element wrote:I don't see Goldy being an upgrade over what you already have at all. In fact, I think that you'd be giving up entirely too much. I'd look for a very strong finish from Pablo.

I agree with Element to a certain point. I don't feel Pablo is really going to offer the things you'll need at 1B. The power simply isn't there this year and for a 1B you should expect power. What I agree with is Goldy isn't that much more of an improvement, but he has 18 HR's in only 386 AB's and hitting indentically in AVG as Pablo with more AB's.

What I do think is, you should be able to target a more productive 1B with Pablo in a deal. I'm sure there is a few teams that would like to have Pablo as one of their keepers.
pungent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:46 pm

What I do think is, you should be able to target a more productive 1B with Pablo in a deal. I'm sure there is a few teams that would like to have Pablo as one of their keepers.

You would think, but no one wants him...see problem is i have so much depth on my team, I want to try to make an upgrade even at the cost of paying a little more than I should...I have been offering deals, but no one likes Panda, which I guess I cannot blame them, he has been trash most of the year...Goldy has good OBP, contributes in all cats even SB...I am thinking about offering Pablo and Machado for Goldy alone...the guy does not want to let go of Jensen...Should I drop Bonifacio for another closer?
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby onitapgr » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:36 pm

CubsFan4Life23 wrote:So, I am currently in 3rd place, and seem to think I need help to make it through the playoffs...Hart and Sandoval are not bad for 1B, but lack consistency...Do I need Goldschmidt? Here is the offer that is presented to me.

I give: Machado,Pablo and Bonifacio
I get: Jensen and Goldschmidt

My team:

C- Posey
1B - Hart
2B - ZObrist
SS - Jeter
3B - Miggy
OF - Kemp
OF - Braun
OF - Jennings
U - Victorino
U - Willingham
B - Machado
B - Altuve
B - Pablo
DL -Bonifacio

Clippard/Chapman/Kimbrel

I'd pass. I like I don't think Goldschmidt is a big enough upgrade over Pablo. Maybe if you were getting an SP instead of an RP...
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions