Serious Read: Site in Decline - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Serious Read: Site in Decline

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Serious Read: Site in Decline

Postby etl1692 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:18 pm

This website is declining! People really need to start giving feedback to others, and stop being so selfish! This site was amazing for a certain time, but now .....mod edit . People putting WHIR and don't respond after getting feedback. This community needs to be revived!!!!!! Please people scan the threads pick ones you are knowledgable on and help out! I know some of you are very good at that and Kudos to you! I just want to see this website a little more proactive and less selfish!

Cmon people. Playoffs are upon us! Lets help everyone we can WIN!

Cheers!
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Serious Read: Site in Decline

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:16 pm

Generally, the way to motivate people isn't to call them selfish.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:44 am

Agreed no need for calling people selfish...

there are a lot of us regulars here...I do not think it's a matter of the site declining, more so that there are only so many of us who are on here daily or at least a lot during the week...I do notice that it declines closer to football season, but that is irrelevant.

Also, people who put WHIR, normally help out...Sometimes I will not only if I have zero clue on a subject matter, as I would rather leave no feedback, then make up stuff on something I know nothing about.

Anyways, I think if you have an actual idea of how to bring in more people, I am sure someone would listen, but as Lane said, do not start name calling.

My 2 cents. :-)
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby Element » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:02 pm

This portion of the year is usually quiet in this forum. A lot of trade deadlines have come and gone. Many are prepping for their football drafts. There goes a lot of traffic right there. 2 months ago there would be 2-3 pages of threads created in here each day. Lately there will be a half page .... maybe. I'm sure that if you post your message and perhaps IM a member or two that you'd like to receive answers from you'll get some thoughtful responses. The site is not in decline. It's seasonality.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)

Postby kaiser » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Agree with the other responses. The place gets fairly quiet during the last six weeks of the season. But regardless, this is still the best fantasy baseball site on the web.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby etl1692 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:04 pm

lane_anasazi2 wrote:Generally, the way to motivate people isn't to call them selfish.

Thats all you got out of that was selfish? That offended you? Come on man, at no point did I mean to insult you. Just trying to get people to collectively help the community. Sorry my choice of words offended you..........
etl1692
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby kaiser » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:14 pm

etl1692 wrote:
lane_anasazi2 wrote:Generally, the way to motivate people isn't to call them selfish.

Thats all you got out of that was selfish? That offended you? Come on man, at no point did I mean to insult you. Just trying to get people to collectively help the community. Sorry my choice of words offended you..........

I think it was more the idea of telling a bunch of folks that the website they contribute significant time and effort to is "going down the sh**ter."
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:06 pm

kaiser wrote:
etl1692 wrote:

I think it was more the idea of telling a bunch of folks that the website they contribute significant time and effort to is "going down the sh**ter."

Kaiser has hit the nail squarely on the head.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby mayor quimby » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:42 pm

I kind of agree.

I mean I've only been on this site for a few months now, but from what I have seen, people are definitely more concerned about their own threads than helping others with theirs.

I don't put WHIR on my posts, because I probably help people out more than most who put 'WHIR,' and don't want to hear sh*t from people telling me I didn't help them if they help me.

And what I see a lot of is people saying "Oh yeah i agree with the above post," giving absolutely none of their own input or ideas, and then add their link and ask for help. That's the epitome of selfish and thoughtless.

But it's fine, you gotta expect that sort of thing. I definitely don't think the site is "going down the sh*tter," I still enjoy it. There are still good, meaningful conversations/ideas that are had on this website.
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions