Grade My Trade - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Grade My Trade - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Grade My Trade - WHIR

Postby pungent » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Sent: Longoria, Beltran, Gallardo, Olt and 2 1st Round Draft Picks 1-Pick is 5th or 8th (consolation bracket) and 1-Pick is going to be 13th-16th (dependent on me in playoffs)

Received: Kemp, Beltre and Plouffe

Old Roster:

16 Team Dynasty 32 man roster 25 Keepers
HR R RBI SB TB K AVG OPS
W QS K SV ERA WHIP
C W.Rosario
1B Pujols
2B Hill
3B Longoria
SS Desmond
OF Heyward
OF Bautista
OF Beltran
Utl Butler
Bench:Alvarez/GarySanchez/Snider/Stubbs/B.Starling/T.Colvin/Jeter/X.Bogaerts/D.Norris/M.Olt
SP Jimenez/J.Garcia/Gallardo/Greinke/Nolasco/Anderson/Kennedy/Hughes/Sabathia/Guthrie/Sheets/Hochevar
RP Storen/Kimbrel/Casilla
pungent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grade My Trade - WHIR

Postby twistedude » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:38 pm

You gave up alot to get Kemp, but I think it was probably worth it. Beltre is a nice plug in for Longoria, whom I'd be trying to trade now too since he just can't stay healthy. Not a believer in Plouffe though. Overall I give it a B because you did give up alot but got by far the best player in return and have a good backup plan at 3B.

Here's mine, would appreciate your help: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=451922
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:42 pm

twistedude wrote:You gave up alot to get Kemp, but I think it was probably worth it. Beltre is a nice plug in for Longoria, whom I'd be trying to trade now too since he just can't stay healthy. Not a believer in Plouffe though. Overall I give it a B because you did give up alot but got by far the best player in return and have a good backup plan at 3B.

Couldn't have put it better myself. ;-D
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pungent » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:53 am

Definitely unloaded a lot as both of you mentioned, but I'm pretty stoked with my chances in the playoffs. I already locked the #1 seed down, so I have 2 weeks off to make some other deals in the interim.

Pretty exicited with my new OF, Kemp - Bautista - Heyward. Nice speed power combo... :-D
pungent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pungent » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:18 am

twistedude wrote:You gave up alot to get Kemp, but I think it was probably worth it. Beltre is a nice plug in for Longoria, whom I'd be trying to trade now too since he just can't stay healthy. Not a believer in Plouffe though. Overall I give it a B because you did give up alot but got by far the best player in return and have a good backup plan at 3B.

So are you saying I should jump the Beltre ship and go with Alvarez from here on out or are you advising for me to sell Beltre for another 3B option?
pungent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 am

pungent wrote:

So are you saying I should jump the Beltre ship and go with Alvarez from here on out or are you advising for me to sell Beltre for another 3B option?

I would definitely try to move Beltre for another 3B...Zimmerman or Hanley...Also can Jose be put at 3B? If so, I would move him there and then deal Beltre for another OF...Either way, I agree that Beltre needs to go, so you get a better lineup down the stretch.

help me?
viewtopic.php?t=451932
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions