Urgent Help: Need some pitching advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Urgent Help: Need some pitching advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Urgent Help: Need some pitching advice

Postby Nugclea » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:28 am

Guys, in the heat of the baseball playoff chase. Need your thoughts on who to start this week. This is H2H scoring, I can only start 4 pitchers, who would you guys choose to start out of these potentials:

Strasburg home vs Atlanta
Gallardo home vs Cubs
Verlander home vs Blue Jays (definitely starting him)
Dempster home vs Baltimore and home vs Minnesota (2 starts this week)
Matt Harrison home vs Minnesota
Jake Peavy Home vs Seattle

So far the 4 I have picked is: Gallardo, Verlander, Dempster, and Peavy. Strasburg has struggled vs Braves, and I am really torn on whether to start Harrison over Dempster or Peavy. THOUGHTS PLEASE......????
Nugclea
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Urgent Help: Need some pitching advice

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I would sit Dempster for Strasburg. Two starts or not, I don't want to touch Dempster this week even considering the matchups. Strasburg has had a few touchy starts against the Braves this season, but one really good one and another one where he left early due to heat exhaustion (pretty sure, cause it was 3.0 IP). Harrison is fringy, but I would rather have Strasburg's K production and I think the other 3 you have listed are pretty much no-brainers.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the Cafe! Great to see a new face around here and hope you stick around for a long, long time ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Urgent Help: Need some pitching advice

Postby Nugclea » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:12 pm

WaCougMBS thanks for the response man. I hate to say it, but I decided to go with Dempster, the matchups are just too good. Even if he pitches mediocre, Texas should put up runs on these teams at home and bail him out. As good as Strasburg is, he will only go 6, and who knows if he even feels the slightest bit uncomfortable they might pull him. I just hate the predicament he is in right now. I left Peavy, Gallardo, and Verlander in, although I really was torn on starting Harrison. We shall see, this is make or break for me this week. Thanks again for your input. I love this forum, just wish they were more active, only 1 response, was hoping for several opinions. Thanks again Man!
Nugclea
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Who to Start/Bench