Who are you avoiding next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who are you avoiding next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who are you avoiding next year?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:36 am

lastingsgriller wrote:Jupton and longoria are really polarizing for me. I have no interest in them where they will probably go, but I am absolutely salivating at the thought of how far they 'could' fall.

i didn't really buy them as first rounders last year and i'm pretty sure their potential will keep them going higher than i want to take them.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benb18a » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:46 am

Skin Blues wrote:Why have the D'Backs given up on him? Because they put him on the trade block? Every year they put him out there to gauge interest and then pull him back, for whatever reason. Maybe their acountants want to double check their amortization calculations.

I loled. ;-D

I will be avoiding Haren next year. Sorry, but there is Lincecum...and then a notch below, Haren. He is going to have to really show me something special this last month, but being burned by drafting him as a high-end starter is not going to be forgotten anytime soon.

Possibly Granderson. Yes, he'll have the magic 40 homers again, but this is a guy whom you cannot bench, and he will tank your average. Throw in the nice little bonus of his non-steals this year and you have a three stat guy instead of an elite player with a poor average. Sorry, but for the value I'd rather have Gardner lol. And considering the amount of WW OF finds in this my first year, I am considering waiting on OF next year altogether, once the top tier guys are gone.
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby chargerss24 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:49 am

lastingsgriller wrote:Jupton and longoria are really polarizing for me. I have no interest in them where they will probably go, but I am absolutely salivating at the thought of how far they 'could' fall.

I'm in a keeper league that applies auction values to players and i have both those players. I'm salivating how much their keeper price "could" fall.
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Ender » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:23 am

Trout
McCutchen
Hamilton
Encarnacion
Rios
Headley
Jeter
A. Jackson
A. LaRoche

Rodney
Cueto
Lohse
Kuroda
Miley
Peavy
J. Zimmerman
Niese
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:46 am

I don't know, I think people are still going to be gun-shy about drafting Rodney and he'll probably slip pretty far. At least I hope he does. But his skill this season is off the charts so I'd definitely take a shot on him. Generally I don't own any top 10 closers so if he slips much past that, I'll probably own him on a few teams.

As for Trout, if I have the third pick and Brau and Miggy were gone, he'd be my choice. Playing it safe is nice, but when the upside is that high it's hard to ignore.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 139)

Postby Ender » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 am

I know in the leagues I'm in that Trout will be gone by pick 3. I definitely think he is at least a mid first round guy, I'd have to look a lot closer to decide how high would be too high.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:15 am

Yeah all my leagues except one are auction so Trout will probably be ridiculously high. At least with a draft there's a chance that the guys with the top 2 picks want to play it safe. In an auction there's always one doofus that spends way too much on prospects and essentially pays for the upside. A guy in my mixed league spent 24% of his budget on Hosmer, Ackley and Dee Gordon in this year's auction. Insane.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 139)

Postby Izenhart » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:14 am

I won't have Miguel Cabrera on any of my teams next year. He's not a #1 or a #2 pick to me, so if by some miracle I happen to have the #3 pick and he falls to me I'll take him, maybe.

Am I the only one to think Stanton is playing over his head? I see him as more of a .240 hitter and won't be expecting a .280 average again.

I have Pablo Sandoval ranked as the 13th best 3B for next year. I'm pretty sure he'll go before Freese, Middlebrooks and Prado, but I've got them ranked higher.

Jason Kipnis - The current writing on his wall tells me he may have one of those sophmore slumps to avoid. I hope I'm wrong cuz I like the Indians and want them to turn things around, but i won't be drafting him next year.

Jered Weaver - numbers are in steady decline (though he's still very good) and now he's having trouble staying healthy. Probably just going to avoid him unless he falls a few rounds.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Anyone who thinks he's coming close to 30 home runs again is dreaming. I'm not looking at him until Bourne is off the board, but he'll probably be gone before Bourne.

Mark Reynolds - Someone made a who will be the Adam Dunn of 2013 thread - and this guy may be it and he may come back and swat 40 bombs, but I'm not touching him.

SEH's: (Someone Elses Headaches) Santana, Napoil, McCann, Weiters, Lester, Dunn, Kelly Johnson, Reynolds, Stubbs, Romero, Lincecum, A Sanchez - guys I'll be leaving on the WW in 12 team mixed's. Take them in round 23, they are all yours.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 298)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers