Melky Cabrera. 50 game ban for Testosterone - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Melky Cabrera. 50 game ban for Testosterone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Re: Re: Melky Cabrera. 50 game ban for Testosterone

Postby wrveres » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Maris09 wrote:
wrveres wrote:You said back on page two or three that you read that steroids improve your vision. I think we are all still waiting for the link.

I said I've heard/read that they improve your vision. Buff up on that reading comprehension. It's on pg 3.
I'm waiting on your proof that says it doesn't. Spoiler alert.....it isn't coming from either of us.
The bottom line is, which has been over and over, is that none of us know for sure.
Now Dr. Wrvwrwvrwrveres, I know you "think you know," but you've provided nothing but your opinion, and an article that only said some researchers believe it improves hand-eye coordination. So since none of us are doctors, and since none of us have proof either way, I'm going to stick with my opinion, and you're going to stick with yours......probably for the next 84 pages. We're comin Big0rt!
I think you guys should spend a few pages discussing what each of you mean by 'vision', because just about every player in the league has 20/20 eyesight either naturally, with corrective lenses, or Lasik surgery. So what is 'vision'? :-)

Well considering one of the side effects of excess testosterone is blurred/double vision and can even cause glaucoma, I'm pretty sure we aren't talking about about improved vision.

But vision in this case is Maris' inability to see the facts right in front of his face.

Since he is of the opinion that steroids increase your ability to see, I suggest he needs to try a few cycles
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Double post
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)

Postby Maris09 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:01 pm

wrveres wrote:So you are of the opinion that steroids help your vision, and you have nothing, nada, to back it up. You just pulled it out of thin air, and your sticking to it. Brilliant!

Guy, along with recalling reading it (was about 4 years ago don't recall exactly where), I said I've heard from people who I believe know way more than you, that steroids can/may help vision, pitch recognition, and hand-eye coordination. My god, I can have an opinion without having an entire scientific journal to back it up. Where's your back up that it doesn't? You continue pretending like you've posted some proof somewhere, when you haven't.

wrveres wrote:
Maris09 wrote:
wrveres wrote:You said back on page two or three that you read that steroids improve your vision. I think we are all still waiting for the link.

I said I've heard/read that they improve your vision. Buff up on that reading comprehension. It's on pg 3.

how is that different than what I said?

How are you ever going to be a doctor in the field of all things steroid if you don't understand the difference between heard/read....and just read? I'll give you a hint, there's an extra word in the first option.

Ok really man, I've tired of you. Have fun going in circles by yourself. ;-D
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 30)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Maris09 wrote:
wrveres wrote:So you are of the opinion that steroids help your vision, and you have nothing, nada, to back it up. You just pulled it out of thin air, and your sticking to it. Brilliant!

Guy, along with recalling reading it (was about 4 years ago don't recall exactly where), I said I've heard from people who I believe know way more than you, that steroids can/may help vision, pitch recognition, and hand-eye coordination. My god, I can have an opinion without having an entire scientific journal to back it up. Where's your back up that it doesn't? You continue pretending like you've posted some proof somewhere, when you haven't.

I'm an opthamologist and in 8 years of med school and residency and 12 years of practice I have heard nothing about the beneficial effects of steroids on vision but your opinion, anecdotal evidence and compelling arguments have swayed me. I will now prescribe steroids to all of my patients. Bausch and Lomb may put out a hit on me but I think that we may be on to something. Let's change the world!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Re: Melky Cabrera. 50 game ban for Testosterone

Postby zepfan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Steroids definitely improve your vision. I know a guy who plays in a league with someone who uses them. He used to bat around .320 and now all of a sudden he is over .400.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:30 pm

zepfan wrote:Steroids definitely improve your vision. I know a guy who plays in a league with someone who uses them. He used to bat around .320 and now all of a sudden he is over .400.
What was his vision like before steroids? Could he read the big E at the top of the chart? Which line can he read now?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 817)

Postby zepfan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:22 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
zepfan wrote:Steroids definitely improve your vision. I know a guy who plays in a league with someone who uses them. He used to bat around .320 and now all of a sudden he is over .400.
What was his vision like before steroids? Could he read the big E at the top of the chart? Which line can he read now?

Before steroids he probably couldn't even get past the second line. I have no doubt he could get to at least to the second last line now. I know for a fact he doesn't use contacts and hasn't had eye surgery or anything.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby bigken117 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:27 pm

I think all you guys are idiots

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers