What to do with Machado and Lincecum WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What to do with Machado and Lincecum WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to do with Machado and Lincecum WHIR

Postby whiteyzacks » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:14 pm

So I have Machado in my H2H keeper league. The max # of keepers is 11 and I have 11 others I'd likely keep over him. Trade deadline is this Sunday.

Machados value is as high as it can possibly be right now and he is all the buzz in the league. Do I trade him for a 12th round pick (first round following keepers...usually a pretty solid player)...or hold on to him. I could also move reyes and try to gamble on youth.

Another quick question. Is it time to sell Lincecum in the league or do you think he will bounce back next year? I have been offered a couple picks for him and I really dont wanna waste a keeper spot for him if he's gonna put these numbers up again.

Thanks and post your link.

----
Here is my current team:

Offense: C-Salvy Perez. 1B-Prince Fielder. 2B- Zobrist. 3B- Lawrie. SS-Reyes OF Braun, Cargo, Jacoby Ellsbury. Utility- Hosmer. Bench Machado, Desmond Jennings

Pitching: Lincecum, Verlander, Cole Hamels, Zimmermann, Tommy Hanson. Closers: Kimbrel, Reed, Rafael Soriano, Greg Holland.
whiteyzacks
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to do with Machado and Lincecum WHIR

Postby lambo1203 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:21 pm

With your pitching, I think you can sell on Lincecum. I personally would keep him because I think he's bound to turn around, but there's certainly an argument to getting rid of him because who knows how inconsistent he'll be next year. If you can get a pair of picks for him, I'd go for it. As far as Machado, getting a first post-keeper pick would be the lowest I'd take for him. I still don't trust him right away, so I'd definitely keep Reyes, but sell high with picks for him.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=451705
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)

Re: What to do with Machado and Lincecum WHIR

Postby fish72292 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:33 pm

If you can get picks back for Machado right now and you would not keep him do it. I would rather put my trust for next year in Reyes. As for Lincecum I would not consider him a keeper I would try to sell.

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=451695
fish72292
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions