Is M.Machado for real? How to get him? 100% WHIR!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is M.Machado for real? How to get him? 100% WHIR!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is M.Machado for real? How to get him? 100% WHIR!!!

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Hey all....this M.Machado is on fire and I want to try and grab him if he's gonna keep this up (reminds me of M.Trout looking at the STAT line)....please let me know if I should grab him or not and who to drop....I have 2 leagues that he is still available in.....txs in advance for the help and post yours if you need help.

Both leagues are 12 Team H2H Redraft (Non-Keeper) 10 CAT league......I am currently 1st place in both leagues.

League #1:

C-C.Santana
1B-Miggy Cabrera
2B-N.Walker
3B-E.Encarnacion
SS-J.Rutledge
OF-C.Granderson
OF-A.Jackson
OF-J.Kubel
Util-A.Craig
Uti-M.Teixiera
Bench-C.Johnson(AZ)
Bench-H.Pence
Bench-B.Zobrist
Bench-N.Markakis

SP: G.Gonzalez, RA Dickey, P.Maholm, A.Sanchez, AJ Burnett, P.Hughes, H.Bailey, T.Hanson(DL)
RP: J.Johnson, F.Rodney

***I was thinking of dropping any of these guys but they all have notes:

*H.Pence-been playing lousy lately but can't seem to drop him and he finally hit a long ball today but I never play him so he would be on the top of my list to go.

*B.Zobrist-No need in having three 2B but he also plays OF and he has been playing quite well lately and for the season as well....hard to drop him

J.Rutledge - Playing great and even though Machado plays SS as well and this is not a 2 SS league I can always play him at Util or rotate him and Rutledge in at the SS spot.

P.Hughes/H.Bailey - normally I would drop either one of these guys in a heartbeat but I need the pitching as I only have 7 SP's and I also have to find out who to drop when T.Hanson comes back (probably one of them)

League #2:

C-M.Weiters
1B-Miggy Cabrera
2B-A.Hill
3B-E.Encarnacion
SS-E.Andrus
OF-M.Trout
OF-C.Granderson
OF-A.Jones(Balt)
Uti-A.Ramirez(Mil)
Uti-M.Bourn
Bench-P.Goldschmidt
Bench-H.Pence
Bench-B.Zobrist

SP: G.Gonzalez, C.Sale, J.Johnson, J.Cueto, J.McDonald, M.Fiers, J.Peavy, L.Lynn, B.Morrow(DL)
RP: A.Reed, G.Holland

***I was thinking of dropping any of these guys but they all have notes:

H.Pence-(Read Above note)

B.Zobrist-(Read above note but also I need him as a backup 2B)

J.McDonald-I had a previous post getting Peavy for McDonald or McCarthy and before all the responses I grabbed Peavy for McCarthy so I still have McDonald so he might be a great candidate to drop.

***On a separate note....in League #1 there is almost no way of trading as people do not like to trade in that league. In league #2 I can find a few people to trade with.

Txs again for the help and WHIR if you need.....txs!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is M.Machado for real? How to get him? 100% WHIR!!!

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:14 am

Anyone?

Is this too long? Basic question on should I drop anyone from either league for Machado(and who) or should I just stay put?

Txs and WHIR yours if needed 100%!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby vladrules » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Get SS Machado. He'll probably get 3B soon so that's invaluable. I missed out on him. :-C

Is your league daily transactions? I only play yahoo with daily transactions so OF and SP are easier to stream.
Not familiar with 10 cat leagues.

I would keep Rutledge, I'd drop OF Markakis, CJohnson or Pence bc you have other backups. Assuming Craig is OF/2B/1B, Zobrist is OF, 2B, MCab and Encarnacion are 1B/3B like Yahoo.

Drop SP JMcDonald.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=451708
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lambo1203 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:24 pm

In league one, I'd drop either Rutledge or C. Johnson for Machado. Tulo comes back in 2-3 weeks so Rutledge loses a lot of value soon, and Johnson has been hot but can he keep it up?

In league two, I'd get rid of JMac. He's been just awful for the Bucs the second half of the year, and picking up a guy like Machado helps give you trade flexibility to try and get a pitcher back who will probably be better than JMac has been the past month or two.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=451705
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions