Rank these three starting pitchers, please. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Rank these three starting pitchers, please.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rank these three starting pitchers, please.

Postby etex211 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:59 am

12 team AL only 5x5 roto...

I am only interested in what these guys can do for me for the remainder of this season.

Luke Hochevar
Justin Masterson
Tommy Milone

I currently have Hochevar and Masterson. Milone hit the waiver wire this week. My FAAB is exhausted, so waiver wire claims are the only way I have of altering my roster for the remainder of the season.

WHIR if you like, but it will probably be late Sunday evening before I can get to it.

Thanks.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rank these three starting pitchers, please.

Postby etex211 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Actually, I do have another option. I currently have three closers: Reed, Frieri, and Perez. Perez can't be kept for next season. I currently sit third in saves, and I am unlikely to move to second or fourth. So my other option is to keep both Hochevar and Masterson, and drop Perez for Milone.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 24)

Postby Archibald » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 pm

All have been frustrating. However, I think you have to overlook Milone's past three starts to point him out as the best of the three. He's still a developing pitcher and he'll still pitch half his games in Oakland. You have to like a guy who shutdown the Yankees with 10 K's over 7 IP.

After that, I'm pretty undecided. I think I'd take Masterson over Hochevar. Masterson has shown an annoying ability to either be on or off, but when he's on, he can be helpful. I feel like Hochevar is a more extreme version of that with a lower ceiling and lower floor. Although, it is interesting to note that Hochevar did have a 2.18 ERA last September, with 56 K's in 60 IP his final two months.

If your saves category won't suffer, it might be interesting to gamble on all three.
Archibald
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby OBPlover » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:33 pm

I'd go with Tommy MIlone first. At least you get some benefit from Oakland's park factor.

Hochevar's low K rate is unappealing. You are basically letting your season rely upon KC's defense. You will not be sleeping well for the next two months.

Masterson looks amazing sometimes but overall, his his high walk rate gets him into too much trouble.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)

Postby ATLbraves » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Tommy Milone
Justin Masterson
Luke Hochevar

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=451649

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager