Is Hosmer even on the Keeper radar? Craig? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is Hosmer even on the Keeper radar? Craig?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Is Hosmer even on the Keeper radar? Craig?

Postby OBPlover » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:14 am

Craig has to be kept.Everyone know Craig is an amazing hitter. The only downside off of Craig was his injury risk. But he's been pretty healthy since May. He lost his 2B eligibity for next year it seems. But he can still play 1B or OF.

Morrow...what can I say about Morrow? He's always been a potential ace that has been strangely inconsistent. So now you have to worry about him being injury prone too. Throw in the RC being a great hitter's park for Left handed power and you have a very high risk pitcher to be holding.

Hosmer... Not exactly sure why there's been such a life long love affair with this guy. His 2011 was a pretty mediocre .800 OPS. His 2012 has just been plain terrible. His Minor league stats were inflated by being in the PCL. At this point he's a huge gamble, unworthy of keeper status.

Harvey .. Could be worthwhile. Need to see what the Mets do in the offseason to bolster their offense and bullpen. His walk rate is kind of scary. But so far he looks really good in the Majors. But you could face a lot of blown wins and inherited runners scored.

Rios - Don't be fooled by his resurgent 2012, his low walk rate combined with his age will mean he's going to come back to earth hard. I already picture bringing him up in next year's auction and watching some fool blow 25 bucks on him.

I'd say go ahead and keep Jansen.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bayside » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Looks like Jansen's heart condition may be a longterm issue, in which case ill be forced to drop him. No room on my DL and theres no way I can afford to burn a roster spot for the rest of the season.

So it has to be either Morrow or Harvey.
I suppose I could do something like add Bundy on the last day of the season and then keep him, but then i'd likely have to roster him half a season while hes still in the minors next yr.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:56 am

Drop Upton...see if you can get him back in the draft (you have enough OF as it is) and I'd keep Kipnis in his spot, Allen Craig, and then for your arm I'd go with a great value that you listed best value.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1927)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions