Bautista for Bonifacio? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Bautista for Bonifacio? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bautista for Bonifacio? WHIR

Postby converge241 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 am

Non keeper 10 team standard 5x5 roto

I have "too much" or enough power, he has too much speed - both guys on the DL, both guys have received uplifting news recently and could both be back this month, both guys could have setbacks, etc

I cant move up in HR/RBI and have been lucky enough with other power that have never felt not having Bautista but have been low in SB all year and theres points to get and my team is in 2nd overall slightly behind 1st. Other team in 5th and has been plagued by power issues and there is some low hanging fruit there for him.

in a vaccum I am sure everyone would rather have Bautista ..An odd deal but would you do it considering and is it "enough"? FYI Where this is a non keeper folks are very resistant to invest in risky DL guys and always have been every year. Even though I say I have enough power of course some folks could stop hitting and people could catch and pass me and kick myself for this one so looking for some thoughts, Thx!
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bautista for Bonifacio? WHIR

Postby Forging Genius » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:57 am

I would never trade power for speed, but that's just me. If there is any chance of you getting Bonifacio for someone else, I'd go that route.
Forging Genius
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby knuckleballah22 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:13 am

Forging Genius wrote:I would never trade power for speed, but that's just me. If there is any chance of you getting Bonifacio for someone else, I'd go that route.

agreed
knuckleballah22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Sanshen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:15 am

Forging Genius wrote:I would never trade power for speed, but that's just me. If there is any chance of you getting Bonifacio for someone else, I'd go that route.

I've got to agree... I wouldn't trade power for speed. Is there no one on waivers that you can pick up for speed (Revere for example)?
Sanshen
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)

Postby jruffus1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks for your response. It helped a lot!

Anyways, in your situation, I would not trade Bautista for Bonifacio by any means. I read yesterday that another MRI on Bautista's arm only showed inflammation, so he should be back late August. It seems like Bonifacio will also be back relatively soon, but this is like the 3rd time he's aggravated his hand injury. I feel like even when he comes back, he'll be running a lot less because of this recurrent problem.

Bautista is a 1st rounder, Bonifacio is like an 8th rounder. No in my book!
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 68)

Postby converge241 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:43 am

I agree with what everyone is saying but just a caveat - i could use SB at any position ASIDE from just an OF

heres some OFs i have who run -

Kemp (though he hasnt much this year hamy and all), choo, Ichiro, Jennings, Upton, crawford - the last 4 were all wire adds just for SB after their owners cut ties

then other runners - rollins at SS and kendrick at 2b/of

And i know Sb totals vary for all these guys

pierre, coco and others are on the wire but OF only again (and i have made rental swaps of those guys just for the speed) 2b,3b, ss would be ideal hence why bonifacio is "attractive". Revere is owned.

could just park dee gordon on DL and wait possibly, he is out there and maybe just max some of those OFs, problem is i have other OFs aside from the Sb guys like Stanton that have to just work in to maintain the lead..the flixibility of Boni is great if/when he is back but dont want to overpay and that seems to be the consensus vibe

all appreciated and more welcome thx!
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:43 am

Yeah I dont know much about the type of league you are in, but this deal just seems to one-sided. Could you possibly target Jose Reyes? That deal would make more sense and he is starting to turn it on lately. That would be a good guy to go after.

Thanks for the help with mine.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby converge241 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:58 am

ATLbraves wrote:Yeah I dont know much about the type of league you are in, but this deal just seems to one-sided. Could you possibly target Jose Reyes? That deal would make more sense and he is starting to turn it on lately. That would be a good guy to go after.

Thanks for the help with mine.

Thank you, I have debated dabbling Stanton or other power..a Reyes Stanton deal might make sense considering
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions