ROS WW guys...Need Help and 100% WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

ROS WW guys...Need Help and 100% WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ROS WW guys...Need Help and 100% WHIR!

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:16 am

Hey all....am in 1st place and would like to keep that going for the rest of the season. Looking at the WW there are a lot of FA's I feel need to be owned but can't get them all so I am wondering if I should get any and who to drop from my team? Txs for the help in advance and I will help yours if needed!

12 Team H2H (Redraft/Non-Keeper) 10 CAT (5 Off/5 Pitching)

My team:

C-C.Santana
1B-Miggy Cabrera
2B-A.Craig
3B-E.Encarnacion
SS-J.Rutledge
OF-C.Granderson
OF-J.Kubel
OF-A.Jackson
Uti-A.Rizzo
Uti-C.Johnson (playing Hot)
Bench-M.Teixiera (playing cold)
Bench-H.Pence (hate him since he is suuuckkkkiing)!
Bench-B.Zobrist

SP-G.Gonzalez , RA Dickey, AJ Burnett, A.Sanchez, P.Maholm, P.Hughes, H.Bailey(will drop him so here is 1), T.Hanson(DL)
RP-F.Rodney, J.Johnson, T.Wilhelmsen

*Ok....so as stated above I will probably drop H.Bailey as my 1st guy to drop. I would really like to have at least 7 SP's but he has finally started paying like he should...crappy and there isn't any decent WW SP's and it's almost impossible to trade in this league unless anyone has an idea for a sure fire acceptable trade?*

Ok...so here it is....the FA pool.......

FA: D.Uggla, N.Walker, E.Hosmer, N.Markakis, J.Werth, R.Ludwick, K.Youk, D.Espinosa, T.Plouffe, I.Desmond, C.Lee, A.Pagen, C.Ruiz(DL)

Ok...so does anyone see any moves I should make? Would list the Pitching FA's but there are a couple of decent RP's and that's it...not much else so....

Txs again and 100% WHIR if needed!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: ROS WW guys...Need Help and 100% WHIR!

Postby garretterik » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:55 am

You are right, just like in my league some good looking players on the ww.
However, the bats you have in your lineup are pretty good already too.
The first to pick up I would say would be Neil Walker, because you actually might playing him over Craig (who has slowed down a bit lately) at 2B. I picked Walker up a few weeks ago and he helped.
In terms of other guys to drop I would hold on to Pence to see how he adjusts.
The only other one I would think about would be Zobrist. I own him too and he is probably the first guy I drop for a ww add. I would consider dropping him for a Plouffe or a Desmond when they come back and look healthy.
Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=451502
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:36 am

Just an added interest....someone in the league just picked up Youk and had dropped Chase Utley!!! Looking at the STATS Chase has been pretty hot! Any thoughts on him? Drop Zobrist perhaps for Chase/Walker?

So right now I am thinking of dropping H.Bailey and grabbing Walker to stick in at 2B and if Craig heats back up I can use him at OF. Once Chase gets off Waivers I was thiking of grabbing him maybe for Zobrist/Walker (depends on what happens in the next few days) and also keep an eagle eye on Plouffe to see how he does upon his return. (Will keep an eye on Desmond as well since I had him and dropped him since who knows when he will be back and in what shape)

Does this sound like a plan? Any other options or thoughts?

Txs again and WHIR if anyone needs it!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GardnerRunsRampant » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:07 am

If Rutledge comes back to earth, I would make a move and add Desmond when he comes back. Desmond has been an elite power option at SS this year. I'd certainly drop Zobrist for Walker. Walker's been a very consistent producer. I'm not sold on Utley. Just too risky of a pick for me to give up a useful roster piece for.

I've watched some of Bailey's recent games, and the dude is a more than capable pitcher. He's certainly not anything close to an ace, but he'll give you a great shot at picking up wins each time out pitching for the red hot Reds. If pitching is really that thin, I'd hold onto him. That's really just personal preference though.

As far as Pence goes I'd give him another two weeks, and then I'd evaluate whether he still deserves a roster spot or not. Certainly, a few of those bats on the waivers will still be around then.

viewtopic.php?t=451505
GardnerRunsRampant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions