Please Analyze My Team vs Another WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please Analyze My Team vs Another WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please Analyze My Team vs Another WHIR

Postby dodgerfan415 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:29 pm

So, I am in a dynasty h2h league with 16 teams (4 divisons). The four division winners go to the playoffs and two wildcards. I am in second place in my division (33 games out) but also the second best record as my division is pretty stacked. The only team I am worried about is the number one seed. As such, I recently traded away Strasburg for Kemp and Ubaldo, banking on Strasburg getting shut down eventually and hoping Ubaldo pitches a couple of decent games. Now, I would like the cafe's analysis. Have I done enough? Do I need more? Trade deadline is less then two weeks away, which is also the deadline for FA/WW (unless to replace an injury).

Our stats are 9x9 and as follows: R 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K AVG and W L S HR K HLD ERA WHIP QS

1) Any suggestions on the best way to compete with my anticipated opponent?

2) Any weaknesses? Trade bait? I have an extra CF now. Who should I move (Victorino or Rasmus) and what should I target?

3) Any sleeper WW pickups to help down the stretch? Its a deep league where each team has 40-man rosters, so this could prove key.

My team's 25-man roster:

C Brian McCann
1B Paul Goldschmidy
2B Chase Utley
3B Edwin Encarnacion
SS Zack Cozart
LF Ruggiano
CF Kemp
RF Wiggington
OF Rasmus
U Austin Jackson
BN Victorino, Rollins, Smoak (gonna replace him)

SP: Kershaw, Felix, Peavy, Ubaldo, Diamond, Zito
RP: Putz, Bastardo, Marshall, Padilla, Bellisario

Extended bench: Jason Castro, David Ortiz, Ryan Rayburn, Ivan DeJesus, Alex Castellanos, Jeff Niemann, Chris Carpenter, Carl Pavano, Bruce Chen, Kyle Farnsworth, Dale Thayer, Felipe Paulino, Hector Santiago, Mariano Rivera

His Team's 25-man roster:

C Molina
1B Pujols
2B Pedroia
3B Youk
SS Scutaro
LF Holliday
CF Trout
RF Upton
OF McCutchen
UT Harper
BN Furcal, Colvin
DL Bonafacio, Carlos Ruiz

SP: David Price, Matt Cain, Tim Hudson, AJ Burnett, Drew Pomeranz
RP: Matt Thornton, Ryan Cook, Stephen Pryor, Grant Balfour, Jason Grilli, Rex Brothers, Matt Belisle
DL: Matt Guerrier, Ted Lilly,

Extended Bench: Jason Kipnis, Daniel Descalaso, Jerry Sands, Ramon Ramirez, Kameron Loe, Ryan Madson
dodgerfan415
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please Analyze My Team vs Another WHIR

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:07 pm

That's a pretty good trade you made, although losing strasburg sucks in a dynasty, Kemp is going to be a top 5 batter in the league for a few years, plus you have Ubaldo who COULD have some better success in the future.

Honestly, I know this isnt going to help you out much, but for a team that has arguably the three best outfielders this year, Pujols, an improving Pedroia and other solid pieces... you cant really compete to the level youre hoping to, thats just so much star power.

I'd think Rasmus could get you a better return as he's younger, showing more success this year and will be a great player in the coming years. I haven't ever played in a keeper or dynasty league so I cant help with names to go for, but Rasmus should get you better value for sure in a deal.

Hope this helps! Help with mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=451338
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Please Analyze My Team vs Another WHIR

Postby dodgerfan415 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 am

HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:That's a pretty good trade you made, although losing strasburg sucks in a dynasty, Kemp is going to be a top 5 batter in the league for a few years, plus you have Ubaldo who COULD have some better success in the future.

Honestly, I know this isnt going to help you out much, but for a team that has arguably the three best outfielders this year, Pujols, an improving Pedroia and other solid pieces... you cant really compete to the level youre hoping to, thats just so much star power.

I'd think Rasmus could get you a better return as he's younger, showing more success this year and will be a great player in the coming years. I haven't ever played in a keeper or dynasty league so I cant help with names to go for, but Rasmus should get you better value for sure in a deal.

Hope this helps! Help with mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=451338

Yeah, he has a really stacked team. I realized that as I was writing up his team. LoL.

What do you think I should focus on? Looking at my previous two matchups against the seed one (I lost 5-8) I thought maybe I should add a few RP to hopefully lower my ERA, WHIP and Holds, but should I trade Rasmus for a few RPs? The guy who approached me has Franklin Morales (3.14 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, 8 holds), Pedro Strop (1.31, 1.13, 17), Mitchell Boggs (1.51, 1.07, 18), Tim Collins (3.13, 1.17, 6), Darren Oliver (1.34, 0.89, 12), Randy Choate (3.07, 1.09, 17).

The WW has the following: Robbie Ross (1.68, 1.06, 5), Brad Lincoln (2.53, 1.06, 5), Darren O'Day (2.68, 1.03, 8), Craig Stammen (2.40, 1.28, 8), Brayan Villareal (1.30, 1.04, 6), Troy Patton (2.83, 1.13, 7).

It seems like I can find comparable RPs on the WW, so I shouldnt waste Rasmus on that. What else should I focus on? Would Rasmus for Nelson Cruz or Shin Soo-Choo be a good deal for me?
dodgerfan415
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 23)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team