Best SS AFTER Profar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Best SS AFTER Profar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best SS AFTER Profar

Postby kab21 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:09 pm

I think Simmons was left off because he was called up in May. I regret dawdling when picking him up last offseason in my dynasty league. Missed him by a day. He isn't that great in fantasy though and i would revise your projection to 0-5 HR's.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 522)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kab21 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:07 am

Bogaerts has been going nuts since being promoted to AA. 5 HR's in 14 gms and close to a 1.100 OPS.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby troutfan87 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Is Hanley Ramirez a good comp for Bogaerts? .300 hitter with 30 home runs?
Keeper League/Points:
C-Jesus Montero
1B-Fielder/Rizzo
2B-Pedroia/Ackley
3B-Lawrie/Moustakas
SS-As Cabrera
OF-Trout/Myers/Marte/Taveras/Revere/Morse/Prado
SP-Moore/Bundy/Dan Hudson/Pineda/Hanson/Haren/Fister
RP-Jansen/Wilhelmson
troutfan87
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kab21 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:16 pm

There are some similarities but Hanley is probably the absolute best case since he became one of the elite players and those are still pretty rare. I think he'll have a more difficult time hitting .300 than getting 30 HR's and he'll have significantly fewer SB's. My biggest concerns are plate discipline still. He's been alright this year (not walking at all in AA) but I think that has more to do with raw hitting skill and just being more talented than A/AA players. I think he'll face a big challenge when he moves up to the majors and every pitcher has 2-3 really good pitches.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 am

troutfan87 wrote:I really like Bogaerts. Thinking a mid to late 2013 call up - pending he doesn't go into a slump?

Bogaerts has 70 power, and played well as a 19 year old in AA. If he can stick at shortstop he clearly has huge upside if he can stick at short.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:44 am

Kind of surprised the Machado is the next guy after Profar only because very few people think Machado plays SS at the major league level. So while he is easily just behind Profar as prospect status is concerned, I don't think I would look at him as a future SS stud. Bogaerts might have be a similar problem and not actually be a SS once he hits the majors. Same goes for Baez. All very good propsects with a ton of potential but probably not holding down the SS for very long, if at all.

Lindor is probably the next guy I see being a top prospect as a SS. Hamilton is nice but I don't quite buy his ability to get on base at the major league level and I see him more as a Center Fielder than a SS. I hope I am wrong because I would love to see what he could do if he can hit anywhere above .260.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Postby pjalst » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:58 pm

What about Jean Segura? It looks like He's getting an audition for the SS position in Mil instead of 2B.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby HighHeater » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Billy Hamilton is officially a CF now... Bogs and Baez are almost assuredly future 3B... scouts question Machado long term at SS and Bogs and Baez are worse defenders at short imo.

I see a gigantic season in store for Franky Lindor whom a lot of people are comparing to Profar talent wise. Whispers of Cleveland shopping Cabs in the offseason is making me really intrigued on his path to the bigs as well.
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby millerpark » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Xander Bogaerts....An elite bat, he tore up Hi-A and AA to the tune of 20 HR and a .307/.373/.523 line, good for a .896 OPS. I think he’s going to be a star.

Javier Baez....Overall he does look like the real deal, with power and contact. If he keeps gaining plate discipline, he’ll be a stud for the Cubs.

Carlos Correa...For now, long-term prospect offering excellent potential. His value will be very dependent on whether he sticks at SS or he has to move to 3B. But he could be an asset either way.

Addison Russell....If he sticks at SS, where there’s a chance to do so, he could be a force with the bat and even more fantasy relevant than Correa. Most of the SS have questions, but I think that his bat will impress many people, so get on him if you haven’t.

Help
viewtopic.php?t=453985
millerpark
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 80)

Postby thedude » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:46 am

HighHeater wrote:Billy Hamilton is officially a CF now... Bogs and Baez are almost assuredly future 3B... scouts question Machado long term at SS and Bogs and Baez are worse defenders at short imo.

The Red Sox are trying to keep Xander at short for now. Additionally third base is currently occupied by another youngster in Middlebrooks (who is a plus defender). Bogaerts will likely debut at short stop, and if he sticks there for a couple of years and developes into a star, it could be hard to move him to another position if his defense is at least passable.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball