What do I need? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What do I need? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What do I need? WHIR

Postby lotsofluck » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 pm

Thanks for all the help on my other thread, this is a different team.
14 team H2H non keeper league. I am currently in 2nd place, top 6 make the playoffs.
Stats- R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OBP, IP, W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
C- Wieters
1B- M. Young
2B- A. Craig
3B- Wright
SS- Rutledge
IF- Middlebrooks
OF- Braun
OF- Bourn
OF- Hamilton
OF- Stubbs
Util- C. Gomez
Util- Rosario
BN- Revere
BN- C. Santana
BN- T. Fraizer
DL- Desmond
DL- Bonafacio

SP- Sabathia
SP- Saunders
SP- Bailey
SP- Chen
RP- M. Moore
RP- Fiers
P- Maholm
P- Holland
BN- Nova
BN- Samardzija

I will almost definatly make the playoffs (5th place is 35 games behind me) but I still would appreciate help in trying to fix any holes to win this league ($90 for first place). AVG and OBP are the only hitting categories I am not top 5 in. On the pitching side I have high IP, and alot of W and K but I also have the most L and the 3rd highest ERA and WHIP.

What do you suggest to make sure I am in the best position to win?
Thanks and leave a link.
lotsofluck
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do I need? WHIR

Postby KingOfSports » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:13 am

Normally you shouldn't carry two catchers, but you've been plagued by a bad performance by both of them. Carlos Santana's power is coming back so maybe you look to deal Wieters. You need a definite upgrade over at first, which Carlos has eligibility for, but I would want a more productive bat.

You have 3 speed first outfielders in Revere, Gomez, and Stubbs. All of them have been On fire recently, so I would try to deal 1-2 of them maybe with Michael Young and Matt Wieters for a 1B and a SP. Outside of Sabathia, your entire pitching staff could fall apart at any time.

Last thing is that Desmond and bonifacio are both coming back which means you might want to sell high on Rutledge now before he cools off.
KingOfSports
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rmessne74 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Like the guy above me said, your pitching really needs some help. Try to deal away Wieters and another pitcher besides CC to just get a solid starter like Vogelsong or Miley. Right now your pitching could crumble. :-o (I do like Chen and Fiers though!)
rmessne74
T-Ball Trainer

Postby dcmove2003 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:49 am

I agree with prior posts. the "losses" category is odd as wins/losses tend to have very little to do with the pitcher (Cliff Lee pitched 10 innings of 1 run ball and lost while Lance Lynn gave up 6 runs in 5 innings last week and won). Anyhow, it is what is, so I wouldn't try to manage to win those categories. Focus on ERA/WHIP and Ks. With that said, I like trying to move Stubbs, Young, and/or Weiters to try to get either a 1B or a SP. A solid SP (not necessarily an ace) will be really helpful (like a CJ Wilson or Jordan Zimmerman, etc.). They are all solid pitchers who can give you good ERA/WHIP (and are on good teams that can get some wins).

Can you help me? viewtopic.php?t=451180
dcmove2003
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 68)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team