Is my team slumping, or just not that good? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Is my team slumping, or just not that good?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is my team slumping, or just not that good?

Postby benb18a » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:59 pm

This is my first FBS team ever, and one month ago my team was undefeated (H2H, never did worse than 5-3) and now I'm down 0-7 getting mopped up this week by a .500 team after losing 3-6 to the last place team in the league. I've lost 3 of the last 4 matchups, and it just seems like my offense is flat, though I've been dealing with several key injuries. Is this the result of not having a bench player that isn't on the DL, or was my team playing above their heads the first two months?

Lucroy
Craig
Kipnis
Aviles
Beltre
Granderson
BJ Upton
Harper
Freeman
De Aza

Ortiz
Tulo (DL)

Strasburg
Sale
Casilla
Clippard
Valverde
Greinke
Peavy
Haren
Fiers
Capuano
Detwiler
Marcum

Should I dump some of my pitching for offense help? Cut bait on Aviles? Or will waiting for Ortiz, Tulo and Marcum to come back give me the best chance to win the title?
1B: Freeman 2B: Craig 3B: Beltre SS: Seager C: Lucroy OF: Granderson, Harper, BJ Up UT: Kipnis, Aoki
BN: Howard, Rizzo, Donaldson
DL: Tulo
Peavy Sale, Valverde, Axford, Greinke, Marcum, Estrada, Capuano, Hughes, Haren

Public Yahoo league 130-67-13 winrar
benb18a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is my team slumping, or just not that good?

Postby KingOfSports » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:16 pm

First two things I notice are that you have a lot of guys hurting your BA.

Upton: .242
Kipnis: .268
Granderson: .248
Aviles: .255
Harper: .258

Next thing I notice is that outside of Granderson and Beltre, you have little power. The first transaction I would make if this was my team would be to drop Aviles. He hasn't hit at all and has a nagging injury. I know you have him at SS until Tulo comes back, but there are surely better options on waivers.

Kipnis is going back to his normal self after his great first half of the season. Granderson is now a HR or strikeout guy, like Dunn. Harpers only 19 so you can't expect too much from him.

You also don't have many steals. Kipnis doesn't get you many b/c he simply hasn't hit (.233 over last 36 games). Granderson has the speed, but the Yanks don't manufacture runs. Outside Upton and De Aza, you don't have that much speed.

I'd either look to deal one of your OF or 1B for a more consistent bat.

Your pitching has also taken a hit with the Nats wanting to limit Strasburg, Sales' dead arm, and Capuanos' recent falloff. You could drop Detwiler or look to deal him. He has pitched well but gets so few strikeouts.
KingOfSports
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team